Article may have affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may earn a tiny commission at no extra cost to you. Big thanks for supporting my small business.
It’s that time of year again and today I am sharing the ultimate Christmas bedroom ideas and how to add festive cheer in your bedroom. Whether you are looking for a red plaid Christmas theme, a guest room that screams Merry Christmas or a teen girl holiday color scheme, I’ve got you covered!
This bedroom transformation began when I stumbled upon Christmas bedroom decorations and bedding from HomeGoods.
However, it didn’t quite mesh with the blue bedroom walls I had so I painted the room white!
Instead of opting for bedding that matched the existing wall color like most people, I went for a bold move and painted the walls white to perfectly complement this holiday-inspired bedding.
Here is what the bedroom looked like with the blue walls.
The bedroom with white walls is much more versatile and allows for more creative decorating during the holiday season.
Christmas Bedroom Aesthetic
What is your Christmas decorating style or aesthetic?
My Christmas decorating style tends to be classic featuring red and white. I love rustic, woodland and gorgeous pops of green.
Farmhouse Christmas bedding is also very popular featuring plaid fabrics and plaid decorations.
Adding flat Christmas ornaments to the wall with mounting tape is an easy way to fill a blank wall in your home during Christmas and create a magical winter wonderland theme in your room. Another great way to add Christmas cheer is to hang a holiday wreath on the wall above your headboard to add a festive feel.
Christmas Decorations In The Bedroom
Transforming your bedroom into a festive retreat during the holiday season can bring a touch of magic and warmth to your personal space.
To create a cozy Christmas ambiance in your bedroom, consider these popular decoration ideas:
- Hang twinkling Christmas lights around the headboard for a dreamy glow. You can order fairy lights also online and they are perfect for draping across a headboard
- Incorporate plush, holiday-themed throw pillows and blankets for added comfort.
- Place Christmas-themed candles and holders on your bedside table.
- Add a basket of Christmas balls or string lights on a bedside table or fill a glass jar lamp like I did!
- Place a miniature Christmas tree, beautifully decorated Christmas tree or a tabletop version in a corner.
- To create a focal point above the bed, hang a festive wreath or add a personalized stocking on the bedroom door to infuse holiday cheer.
I created the bedding layers by using a red velour blanket, ruffled white duvet, a red and white plaid quilt with plaid sheets. If you are looking for Christmas bedding ideas, click through to this post how to decorate a Christmas bedroom, that I shared yesterday with my favorite Christmas sheets and quilts.
I finished the look with a variety of Christmas pillows.
A simple strand of Christmas garland paired with two red reindeer complete the look on top of the dresser. Green garlands look beautiful on a tabletop!
You can shop everything in this room on my curated Amazon Storefront Christmas Bedroom List.
More Christmas Bedroom’s You Will Love
If you are a lover of navy and gold, then my Christmas bedroom from a couple years ago will blow your mind!
Brown Plaid Nature Christmas Bedroom
This nature inspired brown Christmas bedroom is perfect for a guest bedroom and the faux fur throw and rug coordinate beautifully. The varying shades of brown, blue and pops of red are beautiful!
See the full bedroom makeover here.
Glam and Glitz Christmas Bedroom
Here is a simple way to add the Christmas spirit in the girls teen bedroom featuring pastel colored plaid blankets. One item I wish I had added was fairy lights!
Plaid Christmas bedding can be as simple as a throw blanket coordinated with linens and a matching quilt set.
Click through this post, teen Christmas bedroom for all the details.
Looking for more Christmas decorating ideas besides the bedroom? Here are a few of my favorites from years past!
Christmas Ideas Around The House
Envision a coastal Christmas dining room with sandy tones, driftwood decor, a Sea Salt green wall color.
Check our our coastal Christmas dining room tour for all the details!
Christmas Living Room
Our red Christmas living room with classic plaid holiday decor featured rich red tones and rustic wood accents create a cozy, festive atmosphere, perfect for holiday gatherings.
Our Christmas entryway below features buffalo plaid Christmas decor ideas and how to create a woodland theme entrance to your home. Click through this post, Christmas entryway to find all the details on this space.
Creating a Christmas bedroom is a simple and effective way to infuse the holiday spirit into your home. You can achieve this by easily updating your bedding, adding twinkling lights, and incorporating festive textiles like throw pillows and blankets. Enhancing the ambiance with holiday candles and decorative items, such as a mini Christmas tree and stockings, is straightforward and can be done with minimal effort.
More Christmas Decorating Ideas You Will Love
- The Ultimate Christmas Planner Freebie (15 Page PDF Download)
- How To Make A Christmas JOY sign
- 8 Ways: How To Decorate A Bedroom For Christmas –
- DIY Christmas Clothespin Wreath – cute Christmas craft decorating idea
- Christmas Bedroom Makeover with red plaid
- How to decorate outdoors for Christmas
- How to install and take care of an outdoor Christmas tree
- How to decorate a coastal Christmas Tree
- Coastal Christmas Dining Room
- 25 Blue Christmas Tree and Decor Ideas
- 5 Ways to Decorate a Flocked Tree
- 42 Front Door Christmas Decor Ideas so many front porch ideas
- DIY Christmas Ornament Wreath I love this colorful wreath
- 10 Minute Christmas Centerpiece Idea
- Christmas Kitchen Decorating Ideas
- Red and Gold Christmas Tree Ideas
- Blue and White Coastal Christmas Tree
- Ho Ho Ho Free Santa Clause Printable
- How To Decorate A Flocked Christmas Tree
- 50 Christmas Tree Ideas
- Christmas In The Kitchen 40 Ways
- Teen Girl Christmas Bedroom
- Red and White Christmas Living Room Ideas
- Christmas Staircase Decorating Ideas
- Red Christmas Living Room
- Christmas Entryway Ideas
Get our free
Ultimate Christmas Planner
What started as a hobby, Jessica’s blog now has millions of people visit yearly and while many of the projects and posts look and sound perfect, life hasn’t always been easy. Read Jessica’s story and how overcoming death, divorce and dementia was one of her biggest life lessons to date.