This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure here.
Today, I am excited to share with you our creative and enjoyable DIY Christmas wreath using clothespins and Washi Tape. Clothespin Christmas wreath crafts are not only perfect for kids, but also for adults to join in on the festive fun. With its easy application, decorative appeal, and reliable adhesion to clothespins, Washi Tape proves to be an excellent choice for this project.
Christmas Clothespin Wreath
A Christmas wreath made from clothespins is an affordable way to decorate your home for the holiday season.
Making your own Christmas wreath is a great way to save money and create a unique decoration for your home. It doesn’t take much time or effort, and with some supplies from the craft store you can easily personalize and customize it to fit any style.
How To Make A Clothespin Wreath
Wrap Floral Ring
- Start by wrapping your floral ring with red Duct Tape. Red Duct Tape is the perfect choice for a Christmas wreath but you can use any color or pattern depending on the style wreath you are making.
2. Next, clip your clothes pins around the ring spacing them evenly next to each other.
Add Decorative Tape to Clothespins
I used 3 different holiday Scotch® Expressions tapes. Green, green dots and red stripes. I alternated them to created an eclectic look.
3. Next step, you will need to trim the edges of the tape unless your find larger clothes pins. Smaller fine cutting scissors work the best.
You could also pre-cut your tape and add to the clothes pins first, then clip once taped. Either way will work.
4. Hang your homemade Christmas wreath on a mirror, wall or front door. I used a 3M™ Command™ Hanging Strip to hang the wreath on our mirror.
To enhance the wreath, I glued 2 different colored ornaments around the wreath making this a super cute wreath for the holiday season.
If using clothespins to make a wreath isn’t your thing, check out this post, DIY Christmas ornament wreath where I used colorful ornament balls. It’s the cutest wreath ever!
Clothespin Wreath Ideas
This homemade wreath would also look really cute as a table top centerpiece or Christmas decoration for a kids hot cocoa party.
You could add a few small glitter trees with faux snow in the middle or small potted greens and you would instantly add a touch of Christmas to your tabletop.
Clothespins are used for several crafts and seasonal Fall, Spring and Grinch Clothespin Christmas wreaths are very popular holiday crafts. Washi Tape also comes in hundreds of holiday design themes so the possibilities are endless!
More Christmas Wreath & Decorating Ideas You Will Love
- 42 Front Door Christmas Wreath & Decorating Ideas
- Coastal Christmas Tree Ideas and you don’t have to live near the beach!
- Christmas bedroom ideas with plaid plus a crafty Christmas wall idea
- Outdoor Christmas Ideas with lighting and front door wreaths
- Christmas Ornament Wreath Ideas using colorful tree balls ornaments
- Red and Gold Christmas Tree Ideas on a budget
Get our free
Ultimate Christmas Planner
What started as a hobby, Jessica’s blog now has millions of people visit yearly and while many of the projects and posts look and sound perfect, life hasn’t always been easy. Read Jessica’s story and how overcoming death, divorce and dementia was one of her biggest life lessons to date.