Article may have affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may earn a tiny commission at no extra cost to you. Big thanks for supporting my small business.
Today I am sharing how to make a Christmas ornament wreath using colorful bulbs. If you are looking for an easy affordable DIY Christmas craft, this is for you! I’ll show you how I used an old styrofoam wreath wrapped in pink yarn and decorated with colorful Christmas bulbs.
Christmas Ball Wreath
How to make a Christmas wreath using ornaments is the simplest craft on the planet. But one word of caution, use “shatter proof” ornaments.
I will admit, I didn’t because I couldn’t find any bright bold colored ones that were shatter proof and I REALLY wanted these colors.
I broke three of them and what a mess I made!
- Styrofoam wreath or wreath base
- Christmas bulbs
- Hot glue / glue gun (low heat setting)
Step 1: Wrap the wreath in yarn
I opted to wrap the white styrofoam wreath in yarn so if the bulbs didn’t cover it completely, the colorful yarn would show vs. the white foam. Use a color yarn that will coordinate with your bulbs.
Step 2: Attach ornaments to a wreath
I removed the metal bulb hangers and simply glued the ornaments around the wreath.
Be sure to glue the part with the hole (where the metal hanger was) face down or pointed inward so it doesn’t show.
Once you start stacking ornaments on top of each other, you will not see it.
I glued them so they were just touching each other. I worked my way around the wreath glueing the ornaments and once I completed one circle, I started another along the outside and inside.
I have seen other people use smaller ornaments to fill in the holes but I couldn’t find any that were the same colors so I just filled in my holes with the larger ornaments.
Beautiful DIY Christmas Wreath
It is a matter of preference how many times you go around the wreath and how high/thick you create your wreath.
I would suggest using a low heat glue and be sure to glue the ornaments to each other in multiple spots to ensure they don’t fall off.
I went a little crazy with the glue!
This Christmas wreath took about 20 minutes to make! Easy Peasy!
Learning how to make a Christmas ornament wreath using colorful bulbs is a quick and easy way to add a pop of color to your kids playroom or any space for that matter.
More Christmas Decorating Ideas You Will Love
- The Ultimate Christmas Planner Freebie (15 Page PDF Download)
- How To Make A Christmas JOY sign
- 8 Ways: How To Decorate A Bedroom For Christmas –
- DIY Christmas Clothespin Wreath – cute Christmas craft decorating idea
- Christmas Bedroom Makeover with red plaid
- How to decorate outdoors for Christmas
- How to install and take care of an outdoor Christmas tree
- How to decorate a coastal Christmas Tree
- Coastal Christmas Dining Room
- 25 Blue Christmas Tree and Decor Ideas
- 5 Ways to Decorate a Flocked Tree
- 42 Front Door Christmas Decor Ideas so many front porch ideas
- DIY Christmas Ornament Wreath I love this colorful wreath
- 10 Minute Christmas Centerpiece Idea
- Christmas Kitchen Decorating Ideas
- Red and Gold Christmas Tree Ideas
- Blue and White Coastal Christmas Tree
- Ho Ho Ho Free Santa Clause Printable
- How To Decorate A Flocked Christmas Tree
- 50 Christmas Tree Ideas
- Christmas In The Kitchen 40 Ways
- Teen Girl Christmas Bedroom
- Red and White Christmas Living Room Ideas
- Christmas Staircase Decorating Ideas
- Red Christmas Living Room
- Christmas Entryway Ideas
Get our free
Ultimate Christmas Planner
What started as a hobby, Jessica’s blog now has millions of people visit yearly and while many of the projects and posts look and sound perfect, life hasn’t always been easy. Read Jessica’s story and how overcoming death, divorce and dementia was one of her biggest life lessons to date.