This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure here.
A DIY owl tree topper is a fun and easy way to put a unique spin on your Christmas tree. Instead of a traditional bow or star, try a Christmas tree owl topper!
Lets take a look at how I used items from around my house, fresh greens and pinecones to create a beautiful owl tree topper.
Owl Tree Topper
This was the quickest and easiest DIY decoration ever.
I used an empty candle holder that I had purchased over the summer and filled it with fresh holiday greens to create a nest.
The beautiful thing about this candle holder was that the bottom had openings so all I had to do was slide it over the top of the tree.
I originally was thinking about cutting a hole in the middle of a basket and sliding it over the top of the tree stem but as I was shopping my house for that perfect basket, this candle holder jumped out at me.
It was perfect!
I used fresh boxwood, juniper and clippings from our Douglas fir tree.
Simply stuff them in the sides until you achieve a full nest look.
Once I was done filling the candle holder with fresh greens, I placed on top of the tree and attached the holder to the tree with crafting wire.
The owl surrounded by pinecones looks so fun!
If you are short on cash and looking for a way to spruce up your Christmas tree, try this owl topper!
More Christmas Decorating Ideas You Will Love
- The Ultimate Christmas Planner Freebie (15 Page PDF Download)
- How To Make A Christmas JOY sign
- 8 Ways: How To Decorate A Bedroom For Christmas –
- DIY Christmas Clothespin Wreath – cute Christmas craft decorating idea
- Christmas Bedroom Makeover with red plaid
- How to decorate outdoors for Christmas
- How to install and take care of an outdoor Christmas tree
- How to decorate a coastal Christmas Tree
- Coastal Christmas Dining Room
- 25 Blue Christmas Tree and Decor Ideas
- 5 Ways to Decorate a Flocked Tree
- 42 Front Door Christmas Decor Ideas so many front porch ideas
- DIY Christmas Ornament Wreath I love this colorful wreath
- 10 Minute Christmas Centerpiece Idea
- Christmas Kitchen Decorating Ideas
- Red and Gold Christmas Tree Ideas
- Blue and White Coastal Christmas Tree
- Ho Ho Ho Free Santa Clause Printable
- How To Decorate A Flocked Christmas Tree
- 50 Christmas Tree Ideas
- Christmas In The Kitchen 40 Ways
- Teen Girl Christmas Bedroom
- Red and White Christmas Living Room Ideas
- Christmas Staircase Decorating Ideas
- Red Christmas Living Room
- Christmas Entryway Ideas
Get our free
Ultimate Christmas Planner
What started as a hobby, Jessica’s blog now has millions of people visit yearly and while many of the projects and posts look and sound perfect, life hasn’t always been easy. Read Jessica’s story and how overcoming death, divorce and dementia was one of her biggest life lessons to date.