This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure here.
A couple nights ago I made an easy scallops recipe that turned out delicious. It’s healthy, light and so simple to make. I normally bake scallops in the oven but the breading and butter isn’t the healthiest so this time, I decided to sear the scallops on the stovetop and mix with orzo, peppers and tomatoes.
Easy Scallops Recipe
If you are running low on time, just purchase the peppers and olives already chopped or sliced. I often do that when I am pressed for time.
Easy scallops recipePrint Instructions
- 1 lb large scallops
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 orange or red pepper chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half or whole
- 2 cups Orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/8 cup white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions : Step by Step
- Cook Orzo according to directions - set aside
- Add olive oil and garlic to stovetop, saute on low for about 3 min until garlic is light brown
- Add chopped pepper, saute for about 5 - 8 minutes low/med heat
- Stir in tomatoes, cooked Orzo and olives
- Saute low heat for about 5 min
- Stir in arugula and balsamic vinegar
- In another pan, sear the scallops in a non-stick pan. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Sear scallops on for about 3 min on each side - medium heat
- Once cooked, stir scallops in with Orzo and pepper mix
- Top with salt and pepper
Many times after I eat pasta, I feel bloated and disgusting but something about Orzo seems to sit well with my stomach. Probably because it’s smaller in size and I consume less! -ha. This is an excellent dinner during the week because it’s quick, easy and healthy. Even my nine year old son loved it. This recipe was perfect for 4 but next time, I would probably get 2lbs of scallops. The seared scallops were a hit! Be sure to check out our new food page for more of our family favorite recipes.
What started as a hobby, Jessica’s blog now has millions of people visit yearly and while many of the projects and posts look and sound perfect, life hasn’t always been easy. Read Jessica’s story and how overcoming death, divorce and dementia was one of her biggest life lessons to date.