This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure here.
Ready for some pantry organization tips? You may have noticed, I’ve been spending more time in the kitchen, lately. Maybe it’s the cold weather outside, but we’ve been craving comfort foods. Those comforting favorites just take a little more preparation and time in the kitchen. Extra cooking and holiday baking have made my pantry a disaster zone. I’m definitely going to have to spend some time getting things cleaned up and reorganized in there, so it will look like it did when I took this picture:
Even in it’s worst state, my current pantry has come a long way from where I started, so believe me when I say I know how much an organized pantry–even in a small space–can change your life! Okay, saying a pantry makeover can be life-changing might be a bit dramatic, but it really does make meal preparation so much easier when you can actually find your ingredients! If the new year has inspired you to make some changes in your life, then I encourage you to try getting your pantry organized, first.
8 Ideas for a More Organized Pantry:
1. Pretty baskets with chalkboard labels keep the open shelving in this pantry at Eleven Gables orderly and visually appealing.
2. If your pantry shelving doesn’t extend all the way to the floor, wheeled crates are a terrific option for floor storage. iHeart Organizing has a tutorial for these.
3. I love the chalkboard labels in this pantry by Shanty 2 Chic, but what really caught my eye were the canned food organizers. Turns out, these are something you can make yourself, so check out the tutorial.
4. These pantry shelves featured by Design Sponge are really dreamy. Everything that can be removed from packaging is stored in pretty glass canisters, and the rest is in baskets on the floor. My favorite feature of this pantry, though, has to be the way they are storing oil–look on the lower right of the picture and you’ll see it’s in a glass canister with a spigot. Genius!
5. Delightful Order shares another option for keeping things organized. In this case, they’ve sorted most of their pantry staples into clear, stackable plastic boxes with labels, making them easy to find and easy to access.
6. Unfortunately, not every home comes with the perfect pantry space. Kevin & Amanda decided that having a place to store food and appliances near their kitchen was important enough that relocated their laundry room to get it! Their new pantry is chock full of smart storage solutions. (I love the drawers!)
7. If you’re space is very limited, there’s still a lot you can do to create order from chaos in your pantry. Domestic Imperfection took advantage of valuable–but often unused–wall space with these small shelves. Perfect for storing small items!
8. I saved the best for last, because this idea is one anyone can use, no matter what size of pantry you have! Ask Anna came up with this smart way to store boxes of food storage wraps on the inside of a door.
Have you done anything to make the place where you store your food more organized? What are your pantry organization tips? Let me know in the comments!
If you have a small pantry, check out these organizing your pantry ideas from Today’s Creative Life!
What started as a hobby, Jessica’s blog now has millions of people visit yearly and while many of the projects and posts look and sound perfect, life hasn’t always been easy. Read Jessica’s story and how overcoming death, divorce and dementia was one of her biggest life lessons to date.