20 colorful front door colors

Our front door needs to be replaced in the worst way. You can actually see the outside light through the cracks. The door is actually beautiful solid wood with deep carved detail but it’s over 50 years old and only has it’s looks remaining. I am a bit nervous of what kind of door my dad may show up with one of these days so I started scouring the internet last week for bold front door colors and style ideas. All he cares about is if it’s efficient, which is good, but aesthetically pleasing would be nice. My mom already told him, “don’t come home with an ugly door.” It’s almost spring so even if you don’t need a new door, a fresh coat of paint can totally change the look of the front of your home. Curb appeal baby, right?

bright + colorful front doors

I love the side-lights on this door.

bright and colorful front door color ideas

Traditional Home

, , , , , , , , ,

Responses to 20 colorful front door colors

1. Colette March 5, 2013 at 10:33 pm #

I love a yellow door. The 764 yellow door is exactly like mine. I think you have to take in account the exterior colors of your home. My house would look terrible with a yellow door.

2. Jen March 6, 2013 at 1:55 am #

LOVE this roundup! Such a cheerful post!

Painting our front door is on my list this year, but I am so overwhelmed with all the amazing color choices! Any one of them would be fab!!

xo,
    Jen

3. Jodi Blackmon March 6, 2013 at 10:21 am #

I’m trying to find a door color that will look good with red/orangey brick home with white door and white shutters and accents. There’s a pic of it on my blog in ‘welcome, my first post.’ This is something I’ve been fretting over for awhile. Spring is here in Texas, and I want it done. I love black, but think it might stick out like a sore thumb…

4. nest of posies March 6, 2013 at 11:10 am #

I am soooo ready for Spring. LOVE this post. We have a yellow front door & I love it. I don’t think it’s my husband’s favorite, but I told him he needs to deal with it. ;)

xo
    kellie

5. Lauren @momhomeguide March 6, 2013 at 1:29 pm #

I like the green door with the etched windows! I wanted a green door, but my family went with a red door instead. (Which also works, but I LOVE green!)

Also — did you think about what color you would want the interior side of your door to be? Ours is just plain white …. but maybe I can paint that part green!!! I know some people like to paint their interior doors black, but that is too dark for my home.

Good luck!

6. Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication March 6, 2013 at 7:09 pm #

Love these doors! I really like the ones with the windows towards the top, so people can’t see inside. I’ve been wanting to paint our front door plum, but I need some warm weather!

7. Wendy March 25, 2013 at 10:37 pm #

We moved eight months ago into a home whose front door was rotting and moldy :/ We bought a new door and side-lights (more wood-rot, y’all!) and I painted them the perfect bright red. It’s called “Front Door Red” and it’s Valspar. Our new door was primed so I thought I’d be OK, but good gravy. I had to paint three coats of the red and it’s still not perfect. It was recommended that instead of painting the bright red over white/primer, I paint the door with a tinted gray primer. Lesson learned! If Spring ever comes, I’m going to sand it down some and touch up.

8. Lori March 28, 2014 at 1:54 am #

#14 of 21…………what color yellow is that?