After many emails, from my DIY mint green master bedroom makeover post, I decided to share my secret fluffy comforter layered bedding tip. Did you know that the secret to a layered bed is a fluffy white comforter?
I don’t care if you stuff an old comforter in a duvet, purchase an inexpensive fluffy comforter or layer multiple old duvet inserts inside of a duvet cover, creating the FLUFF is the key!
This post contains affiliate links.
On a side note before we get started, this week has been horrible dealing with my grandfather (I posted an update yesterday on this post) who is going to pass away any day now.
I have gotten all of your well wish emails and messages (thank you!! we really appreciate them!) along with a ton of emails about my master bedroom post last week and how to get the look.
I am not sure when I will be able to return all the emails so I figured this quick post would be the easiest right now. We have the best followers and readers ever!
Layered bedding tip – How to Layer a Bed
A fluffy white comforter to layer a bed
You cannot see the white fluffy comforter in this image but the comforter is what creates the “fluff” of the bed. The mint green bedding (from HomeGoods) is more of a quilt but looks thick and fluffy because of the white fluffy comforter underneath. Find yourself a white comforter!
It will be your best friend when you want to change your bedding out for winter or summer.
A white comforter is a bedroom staple.
Many of you know I am just a regular mom who loves DIY design and projects. I do not hold an interior design degree and am self taught when it comes to design and decorating.
Creating a designer layered bedding look on a budget has always been a passion of mine.
I don’t know why but I love creating rich looking beds that are comfy, cozy and luxurious.
There is nothing better than crawling into a luxurious cozy bed at night.
How to layer a bed like a designer with a fluffy comforter
- Start with a white sheet set and make the bed with the flat sheet upside down. By laying the flat sheet upside down, you can fold it over the blank showing the finished side.
- Next I added a velour blanket and folder the flat sheet over the top of the blanket.
- Then I added the fluffy white comforter folding it about 12 inches over the blanket.
- Then I layered the the mint green bedding on top of the fluffy comforter and folded down the green bedding to create another layer.
- Lastly, I added a chunky cable knit throw on top of the green bedding.
- I used the shams that came with the white comforter set, the green bedding set and 4 additional throw pillows to create the layered bed.
All of my bedding is from HomeGoods (don’t miss the before and after mint green master bedroom post).
My Secret Fluffy Comforter Layered bedding tip
- velour blanket 2. white fluffy comforter 3. mint green bedding thin comforter / quilt
If you love the color blush, don’t miss my teen (could even be adult) sophisticated bedroom makeover with more bedding tips.
I am sure many of you have a old comforters that you can either purchase a white duvet to stuff them in or you can buy a new affordable fluffy white comforter.
Check out my Christmas plaid bedding using a white comforter, the red and white plaid comforter looks really cozy because of the thick fluffy comforter!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.