This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure here.
Today I am sharing my Mom’s Easy Cauliflower Mash Shepherd’s Pie Recipe that she found online. Have you ever tried the frozen cauliflower rice or mashed potatoes? You are missing out if you haven’t. If you are interested in cutting carbs, this cauliflower rice, mashed potatoes and pasta are 3 great alternatives. You could always make your own cauliflower rice or potatoes but it’s very time consuming and for me, I have no time for that. Frozen works just fine!
My mom has been doing a lot of cooking and last week, we found this recipe online for a healthy Shepherd’s Pie. I do not know much about Keto but I believe this recipe is Keto friendly.
Moms Easy Cauliflower Mash Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
We have many different Shepherd’s Pie recipes that we have made over the years and this one is by far, one of the best. The cream cheese adds a nice to flavor to the cauliflower rice and the consistency is just like mashed potato.
PINNED over 250,000 times: Our 30 Minute Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
Moms Easy Cauliflower Shepherd’s Pie
- baking dish
- 2 10 oz. bags of frozen riced cauliflower drain any water left over after cooking
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 - 2 pounds ground beef can substitute for ground turkey
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup 1/2 and 1/2
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat oil in a skillet on the stove and cook meat, onion, celery, and garlic. Stir in tomato paste, and season with salt & pepper to taste. Add beef mixture to an oven safe casserole dish.
- Heat up cauliflower in microwave according to package instructions. Once cauliflower is cooked, add in cheeses, 1/2 and 1/2, butter, and oregano. Mix until a mashed potato consistency forms. You can always use a potato masher too if needed.
- Spread mixture on top of meat evenly.
- Place in 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes, until top is golden brown.
Recipe adapted from Tasteaholics
Be sure to check out our other quick versions of Shepherd’s Pie by clicking:
This shepherd’s pie recipe is perfect for someone who is healthy conscious but craving comfort food.
My gram use to make a pasta casserole with ground beef and broccoli and I think the cauliflower pasta would be a great alternative for any recipe that calls for regular pasta.
Mashed potatoes are the yummiest food on the planet but not good for the waste line. Making a cauliflower mash alternative is just as good if not better. Something funny happens when you start eating healthier alternative foods. Your taste buds change and what you loved before, becomes too filling and isn’t as yummy anymore.