Shepherd’s pie with cheese that melts in your mouth! Have you ever heard of bacon cheeseburger shepherd’s pie? I had not until I came across this insanely delicious recipe in my mom’s Betty Crocker cookbook. At first, I couldn’t believe it would taste like a cheeseburger but I am here to tell you, it does and it’s delicious!
Our 30 minute Shepherds pie is one of our most popular posts on google in 2021 and this particular pie with cheese is a delicious alternative to traditional shepherds pie.
I shared this picture in a soup bowl but I made it in a 9×13 pan. No baking necessary.
Imagine a juice hamburger mixed with potato that gives you the best cheeseburger shepherd’s pie. Cheesy shepherd’s pie is so yummy!
Easy Shepherd’s Pie with Cheese
If you love cheese, feel free to add more than the recipe calls for. Cheesy beef shepherd’s pie is the best! I personally think cheddar cheese is the best cheese for shepherd’s pie.
My dad loved the fact that he was able to eat the “blog post” immediately following the photo shoot.
There were about two servings in this bowl so he did share with my mom. My mom said, that almost looks to good to eat. Be careful when you add the Worcestershire sauce , it goes along way and a teaspoon is plenty!
Same goes for the ketchup.
The kids, my grandparents and my parents loved this cheeseburger shepherd’s pie.
Try this recipe, it’s a winner for sure. I cheated and used instant potatoes and the microwavable bacon.
I prefer homemade mashed potatoes and if I had thought of it earlier, I would have asked my grandmother to make some.
Related: 30 minute Mom’s 30 Minute Shepherd’s Pie
Impossible cheeseburger Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
Check out our shepherd’s pie recipe with cheese cheese below and print or save for later!
Bacon Cheeseburger Shepherd’s Pie
- 2 lb lean ground beef I used 93%
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 cans condensed cheddar cheese soup 10.75 oz each
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/8 cup yellow mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 box/envelope creamy butter instant mashed potatoes make according to directions OR boil 5 large potatoes and mash
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Crumbled bacon I bought the microwavable kind / quick and easy! *optional
- Sliced green onions *optional
- Cook beef in a skillet on the stovetop, onion and garlic over low/medium heat (about 5 minutes). Once meat is brown (cooked), stir in soup, ketchup, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Heat to a boil and occasionally stir. Reduce heat once boiling to low, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes
- Cook potatoes
- Spoon beef mixture into a serving dish, top with potato and sprinkle cheese. Top with bacon and onion
- Spoon beef mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and layer potato on top (spread evenly). Sprinkle with cheese. Top with bacon and onion.
- The hot potato will melt the cheese or if potato isn't hot, reheat in microwave.
Shepherd’s Pie with Cheesy Potatoes
Another version of this recipe would be to use Bisquick Mix instead of potatoes or even cheese flavored instant potatoes. There are so many Cheeseburger or Shepherd’s Pie with cheese recipes out there. This cheeseburger pie recipe is one of my favorites!
Instant potatoes also work great when you are limited for time. Who would have thought that a bacon cheeseburger mixed with potato would taste so delicious. Shepherd’s Pie with cheese and bacon will definitely be an on-going dinner in our home. We have 4 other Shepherd’s pie recipes as well, healthy cauliflower mash shepherd’s pie, Shepherd’s pie with corn, Sweet potato Shepherd’s pie and Instant Potato shepherd’s pie.