Have you ever heard of bacon cheeseburger shepherd’s pie? I had not until I came across this insanely delicious recipe in my mom’s Betty Crocker cookbook. At first, I couldn’t believe it would taste like a cheeseburger but I am here to tell you, it does and it’s delicious!
I shared this picture in a soup bowl but I made it in a 9×13 pan. No baking necessary.
Imagine a juice hamburger mixed with potato that gives you the best cheeseburger shepherd’s pie. So yummy!
If you love cheese, feel free to add more than the recipe calls for. Melted cheese is the best!
My dad loved the fact that he was able to eat the “blog post” immediately following the photo shoot.
There were about two servings in this bowl so he did share with my mom. My mom said, that almost looks to good to eat.Be careful when you add the Worcestershire sauce , it goes along way and a teaspoon is plenty!
Same goes for the ketchup.
The kids, my grandparents and my parents loved this cheeseburger shepherd’s pie.
Try this recipe, it’s a winner for sure. I cheated and used instant potatoes and the microwavable bacon.
I prefer homemade mashed potatoes and if I had thought of it earlier, I would have asked my grandmother to make some.
Related: 30 minute Mom’s 30 Minute Shepherd’s Pie
Impossible Cheeseburger Pie
Bacon Cheeseburger Shepherd’s Pie
- 2 lb lean ground beef I used 93%
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 cans condensed cheddar cheese soup 10.75 oz each
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/8 cup yellow mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 box/envelope creamy butter instant mashed potatoes make according to directions OR boil 5 large potatoes and mash
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Crumbled bacon I bought the microwavable kind / quick and easy! *optional
- Sliced green onions *optional
- Cook beef in a skillet on the stovetop, onion and garlic over low/medium heat (about 5 minutes). Once meat is brown (cooked), stir in soup, ketchup, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Heat to a boil and occasionally stir. Reduce heat once boiling to low, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes
- Cook potatoes
- Spoon beef mixture into a serving dish, top with potato and sprinkle cheese. Top with bacon and onion
- Spoon beef mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and layer potato on top (spread evenly). Sprinkle with cheese. Top with bacon and onion.
- The hot potato will melt the cheese or if potato isn't hot, reheat in microwave.
She loves to make mashed potatoes. Instant potatoes work great when you are limited for time. Who would have thought that a bacon cheeseburger mixed with potato would taste so delicious. Bacon Cheeseburger Shepherd’s Pie will definitely be an on-going dinner in our home. We have 4 other Shepherd’s pie recipes as well, healthy cauliflower mash shepherd’s pie, Shepherd’s pie with corn, Sweet potato Shepherd’s pie and Instant Potato shepherd’s pie.