15 Dreamy Covered Porches

Covered porches have been a long time favorite of mine and someday, I hope to have one again. Before my husband and I moved in with my parents almost five years ago, we had a beautiful farmers porch that I spent many afternoons rocking my son to sleep on.There is something about the peace and serenity of sitting on a covered porch with comfy lounge furniture as if you were inside your home.

15 dreamy covered porches

Whether it be rocking chairs or casual wicker furniture that suits your needs for an outdoor space, a covered porch is a worth while home investment in my opinion.

covered porch ideas

Front Open Covered Porch

Use your arrow keys on your computer or the arrows at the top of the post to scroll through the gallery

, , , , , , , , ,

Responses to 15 Dreamy Covered Porches

1. Norma Jean April 4, 2013 at 12:35 pm #

These porches are lovely, but I have a long, skinny poch, with the front door in the center. How can I make it inviting?

• ValenzMom a/k/a Helen April 4, 2013 at 5:48 pm #

Norma Jean:

I would suggest placing two chairs on top of a rug with a small table between them on one side of the door, then angle a chaise lounge with another small table topped with a cute lamp on the other side of the door. Toss a couple of pillows on the chaise and a comfy throw to wrap up in on a cool evening. Don’t forget a vase with some flowers, a couple of potted plants on either side of the door and even a ceiling fan on either side of the porch.

What do you think, Jessica?

• Norma Jean April 4, 2013 at 11:26 pm #

I have two rockers already. I would never have thought of a rug or lamp out there. I knew you would have some wonderful suggestions. Thanks so much!!! I will try to send a photo when I have rounded up everything (as soon as it is warm enough to work out there!).

I love the idea of a chaise on the opposite side. I didn’t like the symmetry of two more rockers. The chaise will be perfect.

• Jessica Bruno April 5, 2013 at 12:28 pm #

Sounds like a great Helen! I think small porches have lots of potential. Even if you put two potted planters on either side of the door and a small chair with a table and rug. It will look beautiful!

2. ValenzMom a/k/a Helen April 4, 2013 at 5:40 pm #

I love your deck/patio! It would be perfect to screen in with the plastic mesh ground cover that you can purchase by the yard at any home improvement or garden center. It comes in tan, black and green. I think tan would blend in nicely with your deck. That mesh is normally used to cover the ground to keep your soil from running down a hill when it rains. It’s not to be confused with the fabric ground cover used for weed control that only comes in black, though. This mesh is meant for plants to grow through. We used it on our back porch, only our half wall was an actual wall instead of a lattice wall like yours and we had a gate. Hubby just screened in the sections separately so that the pretty wooden columns still showed on their own. We just wrapped the edges of the mesh around thin wood strips, then nailed them into the sides of the columns for a finished look and so the mesh wouldn’t tear away in a strong wind.

• Jessica Bruno April 5, 2013 at 12:29 pm #

Hey Helen! Yes, screening in our porch is on the to do list. I think it would be fabulous to be out there at night with no bugs! ha

3. Angela April 4, 2013 at 8:45 pm #

I love covered porches! I have one in the front of my house and it’s fun to watch the people and wildlife! I definitely love curtains and I have them in my backyard! Just makes it feel like a whole nother living space!!!~~Angela

4. Shannon @Fox Hollow Cottage April 4, 2013 at 10:38 pm #

These are all just lovely. We have such a tiny, non porch front entryway. I’d take any of these!!

• Jessica Bruno April 5, 2013 at 12:26 pm #

Oh I know Shannon, aren’t they beautiful! Have a great weekend!