Hamburger casserole is one of the few casserole’s that my seven year old will eat. He has issues with food being mixed together but for some reason, he loves this. It’s quick, easy and delicious. This is one of those dinners that you can make for a large crowd or if you prefer left overs for a couple days, this does the trick!
- 1 bag 12 ounce No Yolk egg noodles
- 1 15 ounce tomato sauce
- 1.5 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 bag shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- salt pepper and italian seasoning
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil, garlic and onions until onions are browned and then brown ground beef. Once beef is browned, add tomato sauce and simmer
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions
- Mix cottage cheese, sour cream and cooked egg noodles in a dish
- Grease bottom of glass 9x13 baking dish and layer noodle mixture, meat and cheddar cheese and repeat. I did two layers.
- Season to taste with italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Bake 25 minutes at 375 degrees or until top is browned and cheese is melted.
Adapted from Pioneer Woman
Hamburger casserole is sure to be a crowd pleaser. It’s rich cheese texture is absolutely delicious and pairs nicely with fresh greens and garlic bread. So what do you think, is this dinner for tonight? My grandmother loves this dish and still has a plate left for lunch this afternoon :). Looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out “our kitchen” page.