My mom’s Betty Crocker recipe book is getting a workout lately! There are so many easy delicious recipes in it. Our schedules have been incredibly busy lately so quick and easy dinners are a must. I made this amazing homemade chicken pot pie a few nights ago and it’s probably one of the best things I have made in a while. I cheated an used a rotisserie chicken instead of making my own chicken. It’s so much quicker to chop up a chicken that is already cooked. Feel free to make your own though.
The recipe called for shredded cheese and crumbled bacon, which I didn’t have but I would definitely try it next time.
Bake-Freezer-Microwave-Dishwasher safe crock from HomeGoods
This blue corning ware oven safe dish was on clearance at Walmart for under $2. It’s perfect for soups and especially this pot pie.
Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 can refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1 jar 18 ounce home-style chicken gravy
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken I used an already cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup cooked carrots
- 1 cup cooked diced potatoes
- 1 cup corn drained
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp dried ground thyme
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional
- Crumbled bacon optional
- Cook potatoes and carrots and set aside
- In a large pot, add gravy and whisk together cornstarch low/medium heat until thickened (about 5 minutes)
- Add cooked potatoes, chicken, carrots and corn
- Stir and bring to slow boil
- Immediately remove from heat once boiling
- Pour gravy mixture into a 9x13 baking dish
- Cut biscuits into four pieces and cover the entire gravy mixture with biscuits
- Bake 375 for 15-20 minutes or until biscuits are cooked (browned)
- Once cooked, remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes
- Serves 6
This homemade chicken pot pie is comfort food at it’s finest! Insanely delicious and so easy to make. Next time I would probably use a bag of frozen vegetables to save time but all in all, the prep time was about 20 minutes. This recipe also works perfectly if you have individual oven safe corning ware dishes. Simply spoon the gravy mixture into each bowl and top with a biscuit and bake. Imagine your families face when they are each served with their own cute mug of pot pie ;).