It’s that time of year. Crock Pot season! Yep, we have already cooked 3 dinners in it and can’t wait to make more. Something about Fall, cool weather and comfort food in the crock pot makes us happy. My mom and I both cook dinners at the same time in the crock pot so needless to say, the house usually smells pretty amazing in the afternoon. Today we are sharing our easy Crock Pot Pot Roast Recipe. It’s so easy!
My mom taught me how to make crock pot roasts many years ago and she swears by the lipton soup mix seasoning packet. It hasn’t failed us yet!-ha.
- 3-5 lb pot roast
- 5 red skinned potatoes (or any kind of potato)
- 1 small bag carrots
- 1 diced onion
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 lipton soup onion mix seasoning packet
- 2 cups butter nut squash cubed (optional)
- ½ cup Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt/Pepper/Garlic Powder
- Add carrots, squash, shedded cheese and onion to crock pot and cover with 2 cups of beef broth
- Add roast on top of veggies and stuff potatoes around roast
- Season beef with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Poke holes in beef with knife
- Pour Worcestershire sauce over beef (the holes in beef will allow the sauce and seasonings to soak in roast)
- Pour remaining cup of beef broth over roast
- Sprinkle lipton season packet over beef
- Cook on low for 6 hours
Once cooked, scoop everything out of the crock pot and serve in a large casserole dish. You can also dump all the remaining drippings and juices from the crock pot into a sauce pan and bring to a slow boil on the stove top adding cornstarch to thicken. The amount of corn starch will depend on how much broth you have in the crock pot.
Here are a few of my favorite crock pots and serving dishes in case you are interested.
That’s it! I put everything in the crock pot Sunday morning before we went apple picking and it was so nice to come home to a delicious smelling house! If you are looking for more recipes, you can check out more family favorites on our newly created “food” page. You may also like our recent round up of our favorite crock pot recipes too.
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links*