My mom and gram ( and me!) love to use their crock pots. Today we are sharing a crock pot chicken stew that is so delicious. The winter time, especially where we live, calls for chicken stew at least once or twice a month. Hot soups and stews are perfect on a cold night. We purchased all the vegetables cut up to save time but of course, you can cut your own.
Doesn’t it look yummy?
Crock Pot Chicken Stew
- 1.5 lbs boneless chicken breast / cubed
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms halved
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup celery sliced, 1/2 inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups carrots thinly sliced
- 3 potatoes cubed
- 2 tb chopped garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper freshly ground, to taste
- 14 1/4 ounces chicken broth
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- Add vegetables, garlic and chicken to crock pot
- Stir in liquids
- Stir in tomato paste
- Add seasonings
- Cook on high 4 hours or until carrots & potatoes are tender
Adapted from Food.Com
My grandfather was so impressed, he would only share two bowls. He wanted a weeks worth for his refrigerator. ha. Crock pot chicken stew is perfect for a winter night and fabulous the next day for lunch. Make a huge amount and you will enjoy it for days. Be sure to check out our kitchen for more delicious home recipes.