Football season is always a fun time here in our house as we all love to hang out, watch the game and eat yummy food. Even my grandparents enjoy watching football. Last week I made a delicious chicken taco dip as part of Old El Paso™ Spice Up Your Game Day campaign. We love Mexican food, especially tacos and dips. I headed to our local Shaws Supermarket, grabbed all these items and within one hour (including shopping time) I had these delicious boats ready and on the platter.
This is such and EASY recipe!
Living with four generations under one roof means there are usually lots of us for any type of event in our house, whether it be a celebration or watching a sports game. We always have loads of food and we tend to line up the island in the kitchen with appetizers and create a buffet. Other times if it’s just a couple of us, a serving tray like this (I always use a wooden cutting board when serving hot dips) and just use our coffee table as our “go to” spot for food. Either way, we love to have delicious options for game day.
- 1 cup cut up chicken pieces (I used left over chicken from the night before. You can also buy an already cooked rotisserie chicken too if you are short on time)
- 1 package Old Elpaso soft taco boats
- 1 can Old Elpaso Enchilada Sauce *optional
- 1 can Old Elpaso Refried beans
- 1 package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 package shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven 375 - Bake 8-10 minutes (until cheese is melted)
- Layer taco boats. First spread refried beans, then cream cheese, then chicken and top with cheese. You can pour a small amount of enchilada sauce over the boat if you prefer a little extra flavoring.
- Bake 8-10 min. (until cheese is melted and taco shells are light brown) .
- Top with lettuce and sour cream
- Serve with dipping taco chips
The option of having individual dip bowls created a lot of excitement in our home, especially with the kids.
You can also make a crock full of the dip (layer the same way as the boats) as shown above and simple serve on a wooden cutting board surrounded by your favorite dipping chips. So do tell, what are you making for the big game right around the corner?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons. The opinions and text are all mine.