Have you ever tried making a Mexican casserole in the crockpot? You have to try this easy and delicious recipe that you can serve as a meal or serve as a dip with sour cream and tortilla chips. I know, it looks like a hot mess but it’s delicious!
Anything with melted cheddar is amazing in my book.
Delicious Mexican Casserole Crock Pot
Slow Cooker Mexican Recipes with ground beef
I personally love this Mexican casserole with ground beef served with sour cream and tortilla.
You may also like: our chicken tacos
Our flat bottom tacos, are filled with Mexican flavored (seasonal packet) mixed with ground beef and we serve buffet style.
Love cheesy dips with ground beef and olives? Check out our Easy 7 layer dip
Are you craving Mexican food now? During football season, the crockpot is our go-to for all things appetizers and dips. There is nothing better than ground beef, cheese and sour cream! I am not a huge fan of spices so I tend to make our Mexican dishes on the mild side.
Mexican Casserole – Crockpot
- 1 lb lean 90% or greater ground beef (uncooked)
- 1 mild taco seasoning packet
- 1 14 oz can drained black or kidney beans
- 1 14 oz can diced basil/garlic tomatoes
- 2 cups white or brown uncooked rice
- 2 cups shredded cheddar added the last 30 minutes
- sour cream optional
- tortilla chips optional
- salt / pepper to taste
- Mix everything together in your crockpot except the shredded cheddar and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top the last 30 minutes.
Mexican Casserole Crockpot with ground beef and cheese
Crockpot Mexican casserole recipes are perfect for weekday dinners, entertaining with large crowds and football season! A Mexican casserole with ground beef can easily be turned into a filler for taco shells, burritos or a cheesy beef dip served with sour cream and all the fixings.