This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure here.
Today I am sharing our easy cheesy tuna casserole recipe that is so yummy! Tuna casserole is one of the easiest recipes to make and is perfect on a cold winter day or even during the summer. Egg noodles and tuna happen to be two of my son’s favorite foods so the addition of cheese will be a huge hit with him. This time when I made this particular recipe, I kept it simple and didn’t add any vegetables. Many recipes on google or pinterest add mushrooms, peas or broccoli but I wasn’t going to push my luck. I kept it simple with noodles, tuna and cheese.
Cheesy Tuna Casserole with Egg Noodles
I personally love the idea of doctoring this recipe up with vegetables so next time, I am going to try it. Maybe my little man will decide to try it.
Easy Tuna Casserole Recipe
- 1 bag egg noodles 8 ounce
- 5-6 cans of albacore tuna in water drained and in chunks
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cook egg noodles as directed on bag (I only cooked for 8 minutes as they cook more in the oven too)
- Drain egg noodle and add to large bowl
- Add butter and stir in mushroom soup
- Add drained / chunky pieces of tuna and stir
- Add mixture to oven safe dish (I used 6x8 baking dish)
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar across the top of mixuure
- Bake 20 minutes until cheese is light brown and/or bubbling on sides
Tuna Casserole with Campbell’s Soup
Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup (in the can) is what will keep your egg noodles from drying out so don’t forget the soup!
This is a perfect meal for during the week and if you double the recipe, you will definitely have leftovers.
A couple weeks ago while shopping in HomeGoods, I came across a few baking dishes that were oven safe, dishwasher safe, microwave and freezer safe and decided I needed them! -ha. This white baking dish is my favorite as it’s perfect for casseroles, pretty and versatile. I love baking dishes that I can mix everything in, bake it and then store it in the fridge or freezer. So much less to wash!
You may also like our 30 minute Shepherd’s Pie Recipe for during the week as well. It’s ridiculously easy and tastes delicious.
One thing that I love about this cheesy tuna casserole recipe is that you can make a large pan of it and have plenty for leftovers. Not only is it delicious but also affordable! This is a great money saving meal for during the week and if eating as leftovers the next day, I tend to add a little water to the dish, mix and then reheat. Topping off with a little extra cheese isn’t a bad idea either! 🙂