This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure here.
Today we are sharing our easy chili recipe. It’s not that fancy but it’s quick, easy and so delicious. Being from New England, we are super excited for the Patriots Game tomorrow and you can bet, chili is on the menu! Along with a few other yummy appetizers of course.
Easy Chili Recipe
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic I buy a large jar and keep in fridge
- 1 can drained kidney beans 19 oz
- 1 small can drained sliced black olives 2.5 oz
- 1 can tomato paste 6 oz
- 1 can Diced basil tomatoes 1/2 drained 28 oz
- 1 envelope package of mild or hot chili seasoning I use mild
- 1 package shredded Mexican cheese 16 oz package
- Heat Olive Oil in large skillet on low/med heat
- Add crushed garlic and brown (about 5 min)
- Add ground beef and cook until brown (about 10 min) Be sure to chop up the ground beef and stir occasionally.
- Once beef is cooked reduce heat to low
- Add beans, tomatoes, olives and tomato paste
- Stir and once mixed, add the chili seasoning packet and stir until mixed well
- Stir in one cup of shredded cheese
- Simmer for 10 minutes low heat and then remove from heat
- Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream and shredded cheese
Easy Chili Recipe
I like to buy the Mexican shredded cheese. It’s a combo of shredded and mozzarella. If you find that your recipe is too liquidy, mix in another small can of tomato paste. It will really depend on the type of ground beef you buy. I always buy a lean (93% +) ground beef which means the fat will be minimal but if you buy 80% (which definitely makes the chili taste better), you will have more liquidy fat to deal with.
You may want to even drain your beef once it’s cooked to avoid a ton of fat.
The recipe only calls for 8 ingredients and honestly, it’s the easiest chili recipe on the planet. Many times we just leave the chili in the skillet on the stove and everyone serves themselves by filling a bowl or plate.
We normally have sour cream, additional shredded cheese and tortilla chips as toppings. You can certainly add many more topping options but we tend to keep it pretty simple. My dad likes to eat the chili without chips but the rest of us prefer tortilla chips.
Who is watching the big game tomorrow? Even my grandparents love to watch the Patriots. They are so funny because many times, they can’t see the play that was made but they know from the reaction, it’s was either good or bad. -ha. Be sure to try this easy chili recipe and if you are looking for other ideas, head over to our Food Page. Have a wonderful weekend!