First, let me say happy Father’s Day to all the dad’s out there! We hope you enjoy your special day :). Today we have a fun breakfast casserole to share with you . Breakfast is one of our favorite meals. We eat breakfast sometimes for lunch or dinner! My dad cooks a full breakfast every weekend and waking to the smell of it is simply, the best. I cannot remember a Sunday morning where I didn’t wake up smelling bacon or fresh toast. A couple weekends ago, my mom and I made a delicious breakfast casserole that I swear, I could eat every single day. It’s so easy to make and feeds a ton of people.
It’s become a tradition in our home since we moved in almost eight years ago and my grandfather, dad and my son enjoy it the most ;).
- 1 large bag frozen hash browns (about 8 cups)
- 10 - 15 frozen sausage links
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (1 large bag)
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- cooking spray or butter (to grease bottom of pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the frozen potatoes (or hashbrowns), sausage, and cheese to a large bowl and mix together. Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray or coated with butter. I used mini casserole dishes in addition to the large pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, salt, and pepper
- Pour the egg mixture over the hash brown mixture and pat down.
- Bake for one hour.
- *the middle should be firm and the edges golden brown when done