This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure here.
We are in comfort food mode these past couple weeks and this crockpot hamburger casserole did not disappoint. Do you ever have those days where you don’t feel like going to the market but need to make dinner? I have those moments all the time. This time, I had hamburger, broccoli, corn and rice on hand so I decided to throw it all in the crockpot with a container of vegetable broth and a bit of shredded cheese.
It came out so good!
Casseroles never are easy to photograph as many times, they look like mush. That’s what my son said about this casserole.
“Mom, it looks like mush.”
I said, “I know, but it’s going to taste delicious.”
Crockpot Hamburger CasserolePrint Instructions
- 1 lb ground beef lean
- 6 peeled carrots
- 1 32 oz. container of vegetable or beef broth
- 2 cups wild rice or white or brown
- 1 package frozen broccoli
- Salt Pepper, Onion and Garlic powder (1 tsp each) *add more if you prefer more
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Instructions : Step by Step
- Season ground beef and mix together
- Add carrots to bottom of crockpot
- Cover carrots with broth (about 2 cups)
- Sprinkle rice over the top of carrots
- Add beef in pieces, covering rice
- Add Broccoli to top
- Pour 1 cup broth over broccoli
- Top with shredded cheese
- Cook for 3.5 hours on high or until carrots are soft (a fork goes through easily)
- NOTE: you may need to add another cup of broth at the 2 hour mark to moisten rice and beef
This is such a simple recipe and perfect for a cool fall day.
Be sure to check out our kitchen page for more delicious family recipes. Crockpot hamburger casserole may seem like a mish mash of items but it’s really yummy all cooked together!
What started as a hobby, Jessica’s blog now has millions of people visit yearly and while many of the projects and posts look and sound perfect, life hasn’t always been easy. Read Jessica’s story and how overcoming death, divorce and dementia was one of her biggest life lessons to date.