Bathroom Refresh with Better Homes and Gardens {makeover}

I was recently invited by Better Homes and Gardens to participate in a bathroom refresh with their products sold exclusively at Walmart. The opportunity and complimentary gift card couldn’t have come at a better time as our guest bathroom was still decorated for Christmas. We recently renovated this guest bathroom from an old 1970’s style to a modern cottage style that is much more pleasing on the eye. I was excited to freshen up our guest bathroom with a modern cottage design featuring various shades or blue, green, brown and white.

bathroom refresh with better homes and garden

Our guest  bathroom over the last couple months has changed dramatically. The existing bathroom had an old cast iron pink tub, pink toilet and old vanity. We removed the old cast iron tub, pink tile surround and replaced the pink sink with a new white modern sink. We choose to paint the existing vanity and update with new hardware.

bathroom refresh with better homes and garden

Here is the bathroom after the renovation last December decorated for Christmas.

Bathroom refresh with better homes and garden

Needless to say, the bathroom refresh with Better Homes and Gardens challenge couldn’t have come at a better time. The Christmas decor needed to go! Better Homes and Gardens has a great selection of bathroom decor sold at Walmart with a large color selection to choose from . I love a modern cottage styled bathroom and was pleased with their selection of bath spring decor.

So lets get started with our “new” Modern Cottage Spring look by BHG @ Walmart products.

cottage bathroom refresh with Better Homes and Garden 12 WM

The shower above is where the old pink tub was prior to the renovation. I love how the classic striped shower curtain from Better Homes and Gardens coordinates with the glass mosaic tile. I chose the Egyptian aquifer  colored bath and hand towels along with the matching memory foam mat (aquifer color) for in front of the shower.

cottage bathroom refresh with Better Homes and Garden WM

The classic striped bath mats by are perfect for in front of our vanity. Don’t be afraid to venture out of the bathroom department at Walmart. Better Homes and Gardens carries a full line of home decor and kitchen accessories which is where I picked up the clear flip-tite caninsters, photo frame, candles and faux flowers. The clear kitchen canisters are perfect for displaying spring flowers and storing bath accessories.

cottage bathroom refresh with Better Homes and Garden

I chose the white + chrome soap dish, toothbrush holder and tumbler.

cottage bathroom refresh with Better Homes and Garden

Our vanity is a bit long so I decided that the classic striped bath mats by Better Homes and Gardens looked better paired together in front of the vanity. The striped shower curtain, blue towels and striped bath mats really look fabulous together.

cottage bathroom refresh with Better Homes and Garden

The candle area in Walmart has a fantastic selection of candles and scents by Better Homes and Gardens. This is where I found the glass hurricane candle holder + candle below.

cottage bathroom refresh with Better Homes and Garden

I also purchased decorative gems vase filler by Better Homes and Gardens for the base of the candle holder.

cottage bathroom refresh with Better Homes and Garden

A basket filled with rolled towels is an ideal storage solution for bathrooms lacking in the storage area. I was very impressed with the color assortment of  plush bath towels, hand towels and wash clothes that Better Homes and Gardens offers at Walmart.

cottage bathroom refresh with Better Homes and Garden

This fuschia colored decorative silk flower  by Better Homes and Gardens I think is my favorite purchase for this bathroom refresh challenge. So simple yet elegant.

cottage bathroom refresh with Better Homes and Garden

I purchased a bunch of these flip-tite clear canisters in the kitchen area of Walmart. Better Homes and Gardens has their own section in the isle filled with canisters of all sizes and shapes. These are perfect for storing soaps, bath beads and other bath accessories.

cottage bathroom refresh with Better Homes and Garden

The white matte frame below is also from Better Homes and Gardens.  To jazz it up a bit and add some color to the room, I purchased a piece of scrap book paper and added it inside the frame. A simple and inexpensive solution to add color to any room.

cottage bathroom refresh with Better Homes and Garden

This guest bathroom ( really my husband’s bathroom) is now ready for spring.

cottage bathroom refresh with Better Homes and Garden

So how about you, are you dreaming about a bathroom refresh of your own? Well guess what, you can head over to the BHG @ Walmart Pin It to win contest and you may just win yourself a $1000 room refresh of your own! Follow this link to enter Room Refresh Sweepstakes.

If you love our Modern Cottage bathroom refresh design, I have included a mood board of the Better Homes and Gardens products I used that you can purchase at Walmart. The product name and colors are below the mood board for your reference.

Bathroom refresh with better homes and gardens @ walmart

Aquifer memory foam bath mat, Aquifer bath sheets, Aquifer bath towels + hand towels, Classic striped shower curtain, Classic striped towels, Classic striped bath mat, White Matted 11×14 frame, fuschia silk flower, White and Chrome tumbler, toothbrush holder, soap dish, Flip-tite clear canisters, Glass blown hurricane candle display, Gem vase filler

Thank you to Better Homes and Gardens for asking me to participate in the bathroom refresh style challenge.

All opinions are 100% mine and I was not told what to purchase or say. I really love our bathroom refresh!

Disclosure Statement / Disclaimer
―In accordance with the FTC Guidelines, I am disclosing that I received compensation
from Better Homes & Garden for my time and participation in the Better Homes &
Garden Refresh Challenge. Although we have a material connection, any publicly
stated opinions of Better Homes & Garden and their products remain our own.

, , , , , , , , ,

Responses to Bathroom Refresh with Better Homes and Gardens {makeover}

1. Gee April 2, 2013 at 8:36 am #

Very pretty. The colours are so soft and soothing… spa like!

2. Karie April 2, 2013 at 8:47 am #

Beautiful!!!!! How lucky are you to have the treat from Better Homes and Gardens….I hate our bathroom and look forward to the day I can redo it and I love your design! I have seen the items Walmart carries and they really have some nice things….
    Thanks for sharing!

• Jessica Bruno April 2, 2013 at 3:43 pm #

Thank you Karie and good luck with your remodel!

3. Kim @ Sand & Sisal April 2, 2013 at 11:22 am #

All the accessories look so pretty in that gorgeous bathroom of yours! I love the baskets and flowers! So springy!

4. Shannon @Fox Hollow Cottage April 2, 2013 at 12:44 pm #

I love this bathroom! It’s so fresh and pretty. Super love that fat basket full of fluffy towels! The colors are so “spa” feeling :)

• Jessica Bruno April 2, 2013 at 1:22 pm #

Thank you Shannon! The towels are super soft and cozy :)

5. Kim @ EverythingEtsy April 2, 2013 at 4:58 pm #

Oh my gosh…awesome job! I love the idea of using a serving tray in the bathroom and the scrapbook paper in the frame is genius!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful home!

~Kim

• Jessica Bruno April 2, 2013 at 5:03 pm #

Thank you Kim for your sweet words and your shout out on twitter!

6. Heather @At The Picket Fence April 2, 2013 at 5:55 pm #

Oh my goodness! Your makeover is amazing and the BHG products are the icing on the cake! I love the Aquifer products, they are so beautiful!

Heather

7. Thistle April 2, 2013 at 5:59 pm #

What an amazing transformation! I had no idea that there were so many cute things at Wal-Mart…..like that shower curtain. I’m heading out to buy a little piece of Wal-Mart for my house!

Thanks for inspiring me!

blessings,
    karianne

• Jessica Bruno April 2, 2013 at 7:40 pm #

Glad you like it Karianne! I think you will be pleased with the selection you find :)

8. Vanessa April 2, 2013 at 7:34 pm #

WOW! Jessica that looks gorgeous! My kids’ bathroom is in serious need of an update and since I’m at Wal-Mart at least twice a week I already love their BH&G line! I know I’ll be turning to it when I finally tackle that space. I cannot get over how fabulous the shower curtain looks with that beautiful mosaic tile. Well done girl! :-)
    Vanessa

• Jessica Bruno April 2, 2013 at 7:41 pm #

Thank you Vanessa! They have a great color selection and many that would be great for a kids bathroom.

9. Karen - The Graphics Fairy April 2, 2013 at 10:56 pm #

Wow! So gorgeous Jessica!! You did an amazing job!

10. Michelle at Faith, Trust, & Pixie Dust April 2, 2013 at 11:17 pm #

Wow Jessica, I just love what you’ve done with your bathroom – AND the way you staged it with your new accessories for the photos. The pictures look FANTASTIC! Thanks for the inspiration.

Warmly, Michelle
    Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust

11. Mable Burt April 3, 2013 at 3:21 pm #

Absolutely love everything about this makeover. Its so refreshing, I could sleep in there, lol! seriously, Love it! Yellow is my fav color.

• Jessica Bruno April 3, 2013 at 3:24 pm #

Awwww thank you Mable :) It is pretty dreamy although my husband made a mess of it last night! :( Men! :)

12. Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke April 3, 2013 at 10:59 pm #

Looks fabulous!!

13. Lana @ Never Enough Thyme April 4, 2013 at 8:15 am #

So pretty! I love the color combination you chose. Very soothing and welcoming!

14. Kelly April 4, 2013 at 9:27 am #

Jessica, I have been looking for a glass Hurricane candle holder just like this one. Loved it, actually loved the entire bathroom!

I have been to three Walmart stores in my surrounding area and still can’t find. Do you by chance have an item number that you can provide so I can go back to one of the stores and see if an associate can help locate. I showed the picture to everyone is the Customer Service Dept and they all loved too but none of us could find this candle holder.

15. Angie @ CCC April 4, 2013 at 10:25 am #

Your bathroom is gorgeous!!!

16. TidyMom April 4, 2013 at 10:59 am #

oh Jess I love all the touches!! Makes me want to go change up my whole bathroom!!

• Jessica Bruno April 4, 2013 at 1:16 pm #

Thank you Cheryl :) I’m so happy with how it turned out!

17. Kelly @ View Along the Way April 4, 2013 at 10:09 pm #

Beautiful! I love how you styled it. That pretty flower is my favorite thing too!

• Jessica Bruno April 5, 2013 at 12:26 pm #

Thank you Kelly for stopping by. Glad you like it :)

18. nest of posies April 5, 2013 at 9:21 am #

holy moly, Jess! You’ve done so much to that bathroom, it’s incredible! i LOVE all the bright & airy accessories! so so so pretty!

19. Jen (Balancing Beauty and Bedlam) April 5, 2013 at 9:45 am #

I’ve been amazed at the beautiful home decor and accessories that Walmart has added. Your bathroom looks gorgeous. So fresh and pretty. Ours definitely needs some touch ups for sure. :)

• Jessica Bruno April 5, 2013 at 12:24 pm #

Thank you Jen! Yes, I was impressed with the selection as well :) Have a great weekend!

20. Kelly @ Eclectically Vintage April 5, 2013 at 7:21 pm #

Gorgeous – love that orchid too!
    Kelly

21. Johnnie April 5, 2013 at 8:23 pm #

Wow!! I am super motivated to revamp our master bath now. What a transformation! We are headed to Walmart tomorrow :)

22. Jessica @ Mom 4 Real April 5, 2013 at 9:36 pm #

Yowzas! It looks amazing! We so need new bath towels, and those look perfect!!!

23. TidyMom April 6, 2013 at 1:26 pm #

Thanks for linking up Jessical! I featured your post in my wrap up http://tidymom.net/2013/top-14-diy-projects-to-make/

Have a fabulous weekend!

• Jessica Bruno April 6, 2013 at 3:37 pm #

Thank you so much Cheryl! I appreciate the feature :)

24. Diane {Created by Diane} April 6, 2013 at 10:56 pm #

Everything looks so pretty, love the colors. Makes me want to update my bathrooms!

25. Lisa | With Style and Grace April 9, 2013 at 11:58 am #

you did an amazing job!! love the big framed mirror.

26. Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles April 11, 2013 at 10:56 am #

So lovely! (Now can you come remove my pink tub & sink?!)

27. Cristina April 20, 2013 at 5:12 pm #

This is a beautiful makeover!! Thank you for including all the names of the products. I’m going to go buy that shower curtain! Where did you get that big basket with the handles that your towels are in?

• Jessica Bruno April 20, 2013 at 5:17 pm #

Thank you! I got the basket last summer at Home Goods.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. How to hang glass shelves using bingo brackets - Four Generations One Roof - April 3, 2013

[...] was recently part of a Better Homes and Gardens refresh Challenge and has been decorated for Spring 2013 with BHG products. Come take a peek ! Click here to be taken to the [...]