The new year has managed to bring enthusiasm towards eating healthy in our house. I know, the new year does that to many of us. Today I wanted to share a healthy Cod recipe that you are going to love! Last night we made this and it consisted of vegetables and Cod. That’s it! I make a similar dish for Christmas Eve but not this healthy.
Healthy Cod Recipe
- 1 lb cod fillet
- 1 14.5 can diced tomatoes I used basil, oregano and parsley flavor
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion any onion will do if you don't have yellow
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow or red pepper
- 1 cup chopped spinach and kale I buy a big bag in the lettuce section of the store
- 1 small packaged sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 tsp Salt pepper and lemon herb seasoning *optional
- Saute olive oil and garlic for 5 minutes on low/med heat (until garlic is light brown)
- Add chopped peppers and onion, cover and cook on low for about 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally
- Add mushrooms, canned tomatoes and kale/spinach, stir and cover on low/med heat for 5 minutes
- Add Cod Fillet on top of all the vegetables, season and cover
- Bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn down to low (#2 or low on your oven) and simmer on low (will still be boiling) for about 10 minutes.
- Cod is done when it is flakey and starts splitting apart
- *season to taste
Looks yummy right?
You can serve with rice or linguine but we chose to eat it without the additional carbs. Someone told me that squash or veggie spaghetti is suppose to be good for healthy eating but I haven’t checked that out yet. Enjoy this delicious and easy Cod Recipe :). Be sure to check out our family favorite recipes on our kitchen page.