TRY THIS: Make a Small Space Office
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure here.
Sharing how to make a small space office today and lets face it–most of us aren’t living in our dream homes. While it’s awesome to have the space available to devote to an office or hobby room, having an entire room at your disposal isn’t a reality for everyone. In a smaller home (or even a larger one with a big family), you really have to use your available space wisely, and some rooms have to pull double duty.
Small Office Ideas
If you’ve been craving office space but feel like the lack of a devoted room is a barrier, take heart! With a little creativity, you can turn just a few feet into a fully functional office. Here are seven small offices that make smart choices with available space.
1. When House of Rose finished off a basement, a few feet and some well-planned built-ins were all that was needed to created an efficient office nook.
2. A closet became a fully-functional workspace in this boy’s bedroom at iHeart Organizing. Notice the amazing details like the panelling and floating shelves.
3. Here’s another closet-to-office makeover from Elizabeth Joan Designs. This one utilizes every square inch and some creative repurposing to gain both storage and a workspace.
How to Make a Home Office with No Space
4. Centsational Girl tucked an office behind the closed doors of an armoire. I love the pretty paint colors and chalkboard surface in this one.
5. A few feet in the corner of this room at Better Homes & Gardens became an office thanks to some handy storage ideas and a neat wall organizer. Don’t you love the floating desk?
6. Tatertots & Jello needed a work space more than a sitting area in the master bedroom. Pretty furnishings don’t scream “cubicle”, but complement the bedroom decor.
7. Talk about a space-saver! Shanty-2-Chic designed this “murphy-desk” that folds up into the wall when not in use. Click over for the plans.
8. I recently made a small office space in my son’s bedroom that he uses for doing his homework. The small office space became a thing during Covid when kids and parents were working from home and I am so happy we made his this space. Click through this post, “teen workspace in a bedroom.”
So are you ready to create a fun small office? We are actually working on a small space for me in our home and I am stumped at the moment about how to tie in the adjacent wall. I will be sharing that soon!
About The Author
What started as a hobby, Jessica’s blog now has millions of people visit yearly and while many of the projects and posts look and sound perfect, life hasn’t always been easy. Read Jessica’s story and how overcoming death, divorce and dementia was one of her biggest life lessons to date.