This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure here.
This is the easiest, most delicious salad on the planet. Salmon burger salad with peppers is a quick dinner which is healthy and has substance. What do I mean by substance? Well in our house, the men don’t like salad unless it has some kind of meat or fish. A couple of nights ago, I felt like a salad but didn’t have any meat or fish but I did have salmon burgers. So I grilled up the salmon burgers along with some peppers and mushrooms and in under 15 minutes, we had a delicious, “filling” salad. My dad says lettuce is for rabbits but he’ll eat it if it has fish, chicken or steak on top :).
Salmon Burger Salad with Peppers
- 6 grilled salmon patties
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 sliced yellow pepper
- 1 sliced green pepper
- 1 package petite sliced mushrooms
- Lettuce of your choice I used a container of Organic mixed greens
- balsamic vinaigrette dressing or whatever dressing you like
- Grill salmon patties until cooked
- Heat olive oil and brown garlic in skillet on low
- Saute sliced peppers for 5 minutes medium heat or until soft
- Mix in mushrooms and cook for an additional 5 minutes
- Once veggies are cooked to your liking (I prefer soft) remove from heat.
- Prepare a plate with lettuce and top with peppers and pieces of cooked salmon burger
- Top with dressing
Looks pretty yummy right?
Not bad for having an empty refrigerator and not a lot to choose from for dinner. Not only was it healthy but everyone like it. Next time you want to add a little kick to your salad, try making a Salmon burger salad. Be sure to check out our kitchen for more easy family friendly recipes. We are looking forward to spending time at the camp this weekend and so happy the weather is suppose to cooperate! New England is beautiful in the summer, as long as it’s not raining ;).
About The Author
What started as a hobby, Jessica’s blog now has millions of people visit yearly and while many of the projects and posts look and sound perfect, life hasn’t always been easy. Read Jessica’s story and how overcoming death, divorce and dementia was one of her biggest life lessons to date.