A few days ago my stepdaughters texted me that they were making chocolate chip cookies. For some reason, that text inspired me to make some cookies on the spot. I was craving the cookie dough I think :). It was a rainy cold day and we had beef stew cooking in the crockpot so I figured, we need cookies too! Check out these delicious chocolate chip cookies that we made. There really isn’t anything special about them, just simple cookies.
We had fun!
Here is the recipe.
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 stick shortening (or 1 cup soft butter)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chip cookies (or more if you like more)
- Mix both (brown and white) sugars, eggs, vanilla, water and shortening in mixer
- Add flour, baking soda and salt
- Mix all ingredients until smooth
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Drop large spoonfuls of mixture (creating balls) on ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 375 or until toothpick pulls out clean. I like the cookies chewy so I only cook for about 8 minutes.
My gram was so excited that someone else baked cookies!
I don’t think she saved any for my grandfather. Food, especially baked goods, don’t last long in our house.
These chocolate chip cookies are simple and easy to make. It’s the little things in life that seem to create the most memories in our house. They usually involve some kind of food! ha. Be sure to checkout our kitchen page for more family fun recipes, meals and baked goods.