Thank you so much for the nice comments and emails yesterday about our basement laundry room makeover. We love it! My mom made the best crockpot beef stew last week. It was perfect when we got inside from freezing our butts off shoveling. This recipe is so easy to make and delicious. This is by far a favorite among the men in our home. My husband, dad, son and grandfather would eat beef everyday if they could.
Mom’s Crockpot Beef Stew
- 2 pounds beef stew meat cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 potatoes diced
- 4 carrots sliced
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup cooking Sherry
- Add olive oil, garlic and cooking Sherry to large pan on stovetop.
- Sear meat low/med heat (1-2 minutes each side)
- Place meat in crock pot. In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and celery.
- Cook on high 4 to 6 hours. Ours was finished in almost 5 hours. Once the potatoes are tender and the meat is not pink, your stew is done.
adapted from allrecipes
She prefers to sear her meat before cooking but you do not have to. You can simply just add the meat to the crockpot as called for. Crockpot beef stew is perfect for these cold winter nights and a family favorite in our home. Don’t be scared, try it! Be sure to check out “our kitchen” for more easy recipes.
I also recently found this recipes for Crock Pot BBQ Ribs that I want to try. They look amazing!