Ever hear of muffin tin apple pie? Well today I am sharing the cutest most adorable mini apple pie recipe. This is easy and a fun way to put a different spin on the traditional apple pie. It’s basically just apple pie in a muffin tin. My mom and dad helped out with this and it was so much fun!
Pretty cute right?
Mini Apple Pie Recipe + Crisp Topping
- 5-6 peeled and chopped granny smith apples small chunks of apples, they need to fit in the muffin tin
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup regular sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup nutmeg
- dash of salt
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 packages pie crust butter section of grocery store
- Toss chopped apples with lemon juice in bowl
- In a small saucepan, combine all sugars, seasonings, cornstarch and water and mix thoroughly on medium heat. Stir consistently until a small boil and then turn down to low. The cornstarch will stick to the bottom so keep stirring. Once sauce is thick, add apples and stir. Bring to a low boil and then remove from heat.
- Grease 12 muffin tin pan and layer each tin with pie crust. I used a round glass top to make circles on the pie crust but you can use a cookie cutter too. Fill each tin with apple filling.
- Top with apple crumb mixture or add strips of pie crust across the top.
- Serve warm with whip cream, caramel or vanilla ice cream
- Bake 400 - 15 min or until golden brown
Adapted from Southern Living Fall Recipe Magazine.
Under 1 minute video of me making these little guys!
Looking for an easy apple crisp topping recipe? Check this recipe out, it has a crumb recipe in the recipe section.
Check out our no sugar added apple crisp recipe for diabetics or if you are looking for low sugar alternative. Just do the same prep and add the no sugar added apple filling instead.
You may also like:
Pin For Later:
Happy baking and hope you are inspired to make fun mini apple pies! I think they are the cutest things on the planet 🙂 Be sure to check out our newly created food page for more family recipe favorites.