Article may have affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may earn a tiny commission at no extra cost to you. Big thanks for supporting my small business.
It’s school vacation week and my step daughter’s are here for the week. They made the most delicious banana bread yesterday that melts in your mouth so I asked them if they wanted to share, how to make banana bread on the blog. They grabbed the recipe from AllRecipes and got busy! So moist and the added chocolate chips were the perfect addition. Needless to say, we all ate the bread before it had cooled.
How to make banana breadPrint Instructions
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6 very ripe banana's mashed
- 1 16 ounce sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips and/or nuts optional
Instructions : Step by Step
- Grease 4 7x3 loaf pans
- Mix 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon and dust loaf pans with mixture
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, mashed banana's, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon
- Once mixed, add in the remaining ingredients (salt, baking soda and flour)
- Add nuts and/or chocolate chips at the end and mix with a spoon
- We didn't use nuts but we did mix in 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Bake 1 hour at 325 degrees
- Cooking times may vary. Use a toothpick to check center and when toothpick is clean when removed, the bread is done.
Source for recipe: allrecipes.com
The recipe above is for 4 small loaves but you can adjust the serving size at the All recipes site. I absolutely love this banana bread with the addition of chocolate chips. You don’t need to add them but of course, we love chocolate here so it was necessary. How to make banana bread is super easy and perfect for breakfast or even a quick snack during the day. My grandparents were loving the idea of their own loaf :).
What started as a hobby, Jessica’s blog now has millions of people visit yearly and while many of the projects and posts look and sound perfect, life hasn’t always been easy. Read Jessica’s story and how overcoming death, divorce and dementia was one of her biggest life lessons to date.