I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We enjoyed spending time with our family and right now, we are taking a little time to re-group and enjoy the school vacation. I decided to make these gooey m&m cookies (or bars) a couple days ago which both of my grandparents fought over ;). I mean, who doesn’t love m&m’s? These cookies or bars are perfect treat for kids and adults.
Sweetened condensed milk is the must have ingredient, it’s what makes the gooey part. Be careful though, one spoon full of this stuff and you might eat half the can. I almost did! It’s so yummy! That’s the problem when I bake, eating the ingredients and especially the dough (I know, it’s not good for you) is the best part.
Gooey M&M cookies + bars
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 2 cups coconut shredded
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup m&m's
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Melt butter in microwave
- Pour melted butter across bottom of 9x13 glass baking pan (spread across entire bottom)
- Press crushed gram crackers evenly across bottom of pan
- Layer coconut, chocolate chips, marshmallows
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly across top
- Sprinkle m&m's evenly across top
- Bake 375 20-30 minutes until light brown
- Cool and serve
- I prefer to put the entire pan in the refrigerator once cool for a few hours or even a day. They taste so much better when they are cold and firm.
Just writing this post makes me want to bake more of these m&m cookies (or bars). Simply delicious! I made a plate for my grandparents and they each called how many they wanted before I left the room. I swear, they would eat the entire dish if let them. ha. Be sure to check out our kitchen for more family recipes and treats. Happy baking!!!