This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure here.
Today I am sharing these easy 7 layer M&M cookie bars that will melt in your mouth. A buttery graham cracker crust with sweetened condensed milk make these magic bars an all time favorite in our home.
Easy 7 Layer Magic Bars
Sweetened condensed milk is the must have ingredient, it’s what makes the gooey part. Be careful though, one spoon full of this stuff and you might eat half the can.
I almost did!
It’s so yummy!
What are 7 layer bars?
7 layer bars are 7 different ingredients layered on a buttery graham cracker crust. These gooey cookie bars are absolutely delicious and very addicting!
What are the 7 ingredients in 7 Layer Bars?
- graham crackers
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed milk
- m&ms or chocolate chips (or both!)
- walnuts (I omitted this time)
Gooey M&M cookies + bars
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 2 cups coconut shredded
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup m&m's
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Melt butter in microwave
- Pour melted butter across bottom of 9x13 glass baking pan (spread across entire bottom)
- Press crushed gram crackers evenly across bottom of pan
- Layer coconut, chocolate chips, marshmallows
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly across top
- Sprinkle m&m's evenly across top
- Bake 375 20-30 minutes until light brown
- Cool and serve
- I prefer to put the entire pan in the refrigerator once cool for a few hours or even a day. They taste so much better when they are cold and firm.
The bars only bake for 25 or 30 minutes. Once the 7 layer bars are cooled, place in refrigerator to help thicken.