Love meatloaf? We do! I made an easy meatloaf dinner using the Lipton Soup recipe last weekend for dinner which turned out delicious. I changed a few ingredients as my husband, dad and grandfather are all diabetic. They do cheat sometimes but we “try” to avoid sugar when we can. Keep reading, sugar free syrup is the topping!
Our easy meatloaf
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 packet lipton onion soup mix
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs I used Panko Seasoned by 4C
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp dijion mustard
- 1/8 sugar free maple syrup use 2tbsp brown sugar if you are not worried about sugar
- Mix beef and eggs together with hands. Add soup mix, ketchup, bread crumbs and parmesan cheese and mix together. Place mixture in 9x13 loaf pan.
- Mix topping ingredients together and spread on top of meatloaf. I usually sprinkle a little parsley on top.
- Bake 350 degrees - 1 Hour (uncovered)
A simple side of corn and mashed potatoes completes the meal. My son loves instant potatoes so I usually boil 4 potatoes and mix in a packet of instant. He never knows the difference :).
adapted from Lipton
There are so many meatloaf recipes that are easy and delicious. I try to substitute sugar ingredients when possible. Did you know that sugar free maple syrup is a perfect substitute for brown sugar? I am sure there are other substitutes but we always seem to have sugar free syrup on hand. My grandfather is struggling with his sugar and tends to eat whatever he wants. His thought is, he is 84 years old and will eat what he wants. I guess I can’t blame him right? Check out our February favorite recipes by my mom for more dinner ideas.