Would you believe me if I told you that I have never made squash soup? For some reason, I just never made it. My friend gave me her easy butternut squash soup recipe and I couldn’t believe how simple it was. Something about winter makes me want to cook stews, soups, crockpot meals and bake. My mom is the same way. Here’s to a fun weekend and why not make a huge pot full of squash soup? You only need a few ingredients and if you are like me, you will buy the already cut up pieces of butternut squash.
Easy Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 packages of cut up butternut squash or you can buy whole squash and cut up yourself - approx 2 squash
- 2 containers chicken broth
- 1 large sweet white onion
- 1 small container cream
- crushed garlic
- 1 stick butter
- nutmeg or cinnamon optional
- Add stick butter, garlic, 1 onion (diced) sauté then add squash fill w chicken broth to cover squash and boil till soft. Cool. Put thru blender and add cream to liking and salt and pepper.
- Top with a hint of nutmeg or sprinkle cinnamon *optional
Feel free to serve with your favorite bread or soup crackers. This recipe made about 10 bowls of soup so we had it the next day for lunch too. This is so easy to make! I may need to make this easy butternut squash soup again for this weekend. Although we are trying to eat healthy so I may substitute the stick of butter for margarine or an equivalent. Hope you all have a great weekend and if you are looking for more quick and easy recipes, check out our family favorites on our kitchen page.