Do you ever get sick of eating chicken? We do! Sometimes we get stuck in a rut eating the same old boring chicken but never fail, my momma always has a good chicken recipe hanging around in her good o’l recipe index. Chicken Caprese isn’t anything new but sometimes I forget about adding pesto, tomatoes and mozzarella to a piece of chicken.
Delicious Chicken Caprese
- 3 Boneless chicken breast washed, dried and tenderized
- Sliced tomatoes two small tomatoes for 3 chicken breasts
- Mozzarella cheese I buy a block and slice it
- Basil paste
- Canola Oil
- Crushed garlic
- Bread crumbs
- Dry parsley
- Italian Seasoning
- Tenderize chicken with meat mallet
- Baste chicken with Pesto/basil mixture (see below)
- Add sliced mozzarella to each piece of chicken once basted with pesto/crumb mix and top with tomatoes (I added 3/4 pieces of tomato to each piece of chicken)
- Spread bread crumb mixture (see below) on top of tomato and mozzarella
- Sprinkle dried parsley across top
- Pesto/*basil* mixture:
- Mix with spoon 1/4 cup pesto & 1tsp basil
- Bread crumb mixture:
- Mix with spoon
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/8 cup water
- Pinch of each seasoning
- *BAKE 400 / 30 MINUTES OR UNTIL NO PINK
- Serves 3
So tender and so juicy! Using a meat mallet really makes a difference making the chicken super tender.
Chicken Caprese is a quick and easy italian dish that even your kids will love. Don’t be surprised if your kids even like the tomatoes 🙂 . Something about the pesto and melted mozzarella makes even tomato haters love them! Check out our kitchen page for more family favorites.
For another great recipe, try this Crockpot Lemon Garlic Chicken recipe… yum!