This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure here.
This chicken casserole happened by accident and is a mix of a left over rotisserie chicken, potatoes and broccoli. Last week we had what seems to be a bazillion activities after school and time was minimal so that is when a casserole is perfect for dinner. My dad calls them concoctions and this is actually something he would make! The idea of being able to throw everything in the fridge and mixing it together is ideal for him ;).
As you can see, it’s quick and easy! In the morning, I always seem to have the best intentions to cook a some what elaborate dinner and by the end of the day, I am running around looking for the easiest and quickest foods to cook. Why do I do that?! ha
- rotisserie chicken
- frozen broccoli
- 1 package instant potato or 5 mashed
- 1 container durkee french fried onion rings
- 1 package shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1 jar chicken gravy
- garlic salt
- Grease bottom of 9x11 baking pan with butter. Spread cooked potato along the bottom of pan. Layer cooked broccoli and pulled chicken pieces from rotisserie and season. Sprinkle cheese across the top and pour gravy over cheese. Finish by sprinkling dried onion rings on top.
- Bake 375 for 30 minutes or until gravy is bubbling.
Seriously, when you mix gravy and dried french fried onion rings together, it’s always fabulous. Chicken casserole can be created out of just about anything and be sure to grab an already cook rotisserie chicken from your grocery store if you are low on time, they make life so much easier! Be sure to checkout our chicken and broccoli mixed with egg noodles as well if you prefer pasta over potato. We are off to my son’s baseball parade today and the weather is fantastic, thank goodness ;).