This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure here.
My grandmother has been sick, in fact she went to the doctor yesterday to make sure she didn’t have pneumonia. We won’t have the x-ray results for a day or so but hopefully it’s just a bad cold. Unfortunately, she is stubborn and refuses to go to the doctor until she feels like she is dying or someone threatens to flip out on her. Anyway, I made a chicken and broccoli casserole for them and the rest of us for dinner that came out delicious if I do say so myself :).
Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- 1 Rotisserie chicken or 2 lbs cooked cubed chicken
- 12 ounce bag of No Yolks noodles I used 3/4 of the bag
- 1 bag frozen broccoli
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup light cream or milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic feel free to add more if you love garlic!
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Salt & pepper
- Boil noodles according to package directions. Cook frozen broccoli and mix in melted butter and parmesan cheese and set aside. Mix both cans of soup and stir in garlic and light cream. Remove all the chicken meat from the rotisserie chicken and cut large pieces into cubes.
- Layer the cooked noodles on the bottom of an 11x12 baking pan. Mix in broccoli mixture and chicken and finish by pouring soup over the top spreading evenly. Season and sprinkle cheddar/mozzarella cheese and bread crumbs across the top.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes or until the cheese is browned.
The trick to keeping this simple and quick is picking up a cooked rotisserie chicken at the market. I never seem to have enough time to cook a chicken so I buy them all the time.
Chicken and broccoli casserole is quick and easy. It makes great left overs too. My grandfather is looking forward to having this for his lunch tomorrow while he watches Bonanza :). Fingers crossed all is well with my gram. She ended up with pneumonia last winter so hopefully it isn’t a repeat this year.