Shepherd’s pie is one of my dad and grandfather’s favorite dinners so of course, we cook it all the time. Sometimes we add cheese when we want to mix it up a bit from our traditional shepherd’s pie recipe. This has to be one of the easiest meals on the planet and the cheddar jack cheese is the perfect topping. A cheesy shepherd’s pie, doesn’t it look yummy?
Shepherd’s pie is a family favorite for many families I am sure.
Cheesy Shepherd’s Pie
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 5 potatoes mashed or 1 package instant potatoes
- 1 can corn
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil and garlic in skillet. Once garlic turns slightly brown, add ground beef and cook until browned
- Add 1/2 mashed potatoes to a small 8x8 baking pan spreading across the bottom and then layer corn and beef. Finish top layer with remaining potatoes and season. Add shredded cheese to top.
- Bake 350 for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly brown.
- Serves 3-4
- Double up recipe to make a 9x11 sized dish
Who doesn’t like hamburger, potato and corn mixed with cheese? Most everyone will love this dish and it’s perfect for serving a large crowd. My mom would make this dish all the time when I was a kid and as many of you know who follow our blog, my mom and gram still cook the same foods now that they did when I was a kid. Nothing has really changed, except we are all just a bit older now! 😉