This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure here.
Lasagna is a favorite dinner in our house and it’s so easy to make. I know, it’s loaded with carbs and really heavy in calories but sometimes, you just need a good italian home cooked meal! The is the best meat lasagna recipe ever and the gooey cheese really makes it a winner.
We choose to add beef to our lasagna which is absolutely delicious with the melted cheese. Many use chicken or even seafood.
Baked Lasagna Dinner
- 1 box lasagna
- 1 lb lean ground beef we use 95%
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 jar Classico tomato basil sauce
- 8 ounce ricotta cheese
- 1 package shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup grated romano cheese
- Boil and cook lasagna according to directions
- Heat oil in skillet and brown garlic
- Brown ground beef and add sauce
- Mix ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, 1 egg and 1 cup grated Romano cheese in a bowl
- Layer in 9x13 glass baking pan cooked lasagna noodles, even layer of ricotta mix and beef/sauce mix and repeat 2x. End with the last layer of lasagna noodles on top and spread 1 1/2 cups of shredded Mozzarella on top
- Bake 350 for 35 minutes or until small boil along edges.
- serves 5-6
This recipe is so easy and perfect for large crowds. I made dinner the other night for all nine of us and I doubled the recipe above and lets just say, we still had left overs!
Baked lasagna is perfect paired with a cucumber and strawberry salad along with italian bread. If you are looking for a crockpot version, try our crockpot lasagna recipe. Our kitchen page is growing each week so be sure to check out our favorite recipes.
About The Author
What started as a hobby, Jessica’s blog now has millions of people visit yearly and while many of the projects and posts look and sound perfect, life hasn’t always been easy. Read Jessica’s story and how overcoming death, divorce and dementia was one of her biggest life lessons to date.