Lasagna is a favorite dinner in our house and it’s so easy to make. I know, it’s loaded with carbs and really heavy in calories but sometimes, you just need a good italian home cooked meal! The is the best meat lasagna recipe ever and the gooey cheese really makes it a winner.
We choose to add beef to our lasagna which is absolutely delicious with the melted cheese. Many use chicken or even seafood.
Baked Lasagna Dinner
- 1 box lasagna
- 1 lb lean ground beef we use 95%
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 jar Classico tomato basil sauce
- 8 ounce ricotta cheese
- 1 package shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup grated romano cheese
- Boil and cook lasagna according to directions
- Heat oil in skillet and brown garlic
- Brown ground beef and add sauce
- Mix ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, 1 egg and 1 cup grated Romano cheese in a bowl
- Layer in 9x13 glass baking pan cooked lasagna noodles, even layer of ricotta mix and beef/sauce mix and repeat 2x. End with the last layer of lasagna noodles on top and spread 1 1/2 cups of shredded Mozzarella on top
- Bake 350 for 35 minutes or until small boil along edges.
- serves 5-6
This recipe is so easy and perfect for large crowds. I made dinner the other night for all nine of us and I doubled the recipe above and lets just say, we still had left overs!
Baked lasagna is perfect paired with a cucumber and strawberry salad along with italian bread. If you are looking for a crockpot version, try our crockpot lasagna recipe. Our kitchen page is growing each week so be sure to check out our favorite recipes.