This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure here.
We moved the green chest that was in our family room to our foyer for the fall. I needed to put the TV and couch back, in what my husbands calls football ready, position. So the chest of drawers had to go. It fits perfectly against the foyer wall and it worked out perfectly for our autumn vignette.
I travelled to three different farm stands before I finally found gourds. I chose to keep it simple and add a variety of squash and ornamental pumpkins.
To get this look, follow these steps:
1. Find an appropriate sized metal bucket or basket. The size will depend on the table top or mantel area you plan to decorate.
2. I purchased a variety of autumn squash (butternut, acorn, sweet dumpling, buttercup and carnival) as well as ornamental pumpkins.
3. Mums are the signature flower, in my opinion, to show that autumn has arrived. A fresh bouquet of autumn flowers would also look fabulous.
4. Place the flowers in a basket
5. I chose an autumn sign slightly higher to add a bit of dimension. One thing that I have learned is that adding a variety of different heights adds visual appeal.
Creating an autumn vignette can be overwhelming but not if you keep it simple. I tend to get most of my inspiration from pinterest along with a few favorite decorating magazines but for the most part, I kind of wing it and play around until it looks good to me. Sometimes that takes a while though :).
PS. the sign is from Kirkland’s
About The Author
What started as a hobby, Jessica’s blog now has millions of people visit yearly and while many of the projects and posts look and sound perfect, life hasn’t always been easy. Read Jessica’s story and how overcoming death, divorce and dementia was one of her biggest life lessons to date.