I can’t take full credit for this 5 Minute grilled frozen cauliflower pizza crust idea as my friend made it at our get together last weekend. It was so delicious, I had to make it for myself and share with you. You know that I am on a mission to lose a couple pounds and try to eat healthier so in addition to my daily protein shakes, I am always looking for delicious dinner ideas that are low in sugar and carbs. My husband and dad are also diabetic and this grilled frozen cauliflower pizza crust idea doesn’t even raise their sugar an ounce! Since when have you heard of a diabetic being able to eat pizza and not have their sugar sky rocket? That rarely happens!
*If you are in the market for new pizza supplies, I included a couple affiliate links.
5 Minute Grilled Frozen Cauliflower Pizza Crust Idea
5 Minute Grilled Frozen Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 1 package of frozen cauliflower pizza crust usually two in a box
- 1 package fresh mozzarella usually comes in a ball that you will slice or you can buy the already sliced log version
- 1 jar of low sugar marinara or pasta sauce 5g or under
- fresh basil and parsley
- *optional: Chopped Chicken / Peppers I used Perdue Short Cuts (chicken and chopped up a red pepper
- Heat up grill on high for about 10 minutes or until grill reaches the highest temp (usually 400 degrees)
- While the grill is heating, prepare the pizza
- Step One: Spread a low sugar marinara / pasta sauce on the frozen Cauliflower Pizza Crust. I usually stay away from pizza sauce as it's higher in sugar. I try to find a jar that is under 5g of sugar.
- Step Two: Slice FRESH Mozzarella (has no sugar and under 1 carb) and layer on top of the sauce
- Step Three: Add chopped fresh basil and parsley
- I added Chopped Chicken and Chopped Peppers
- Once grill is at the hottest temp., shut off middle burner and turn the back and front burners down to low
- Place prepared pizza's in the middle of the grill (directly on grates) and CLOSE LID. Pizza should be done in 5 minutes. Check often to make sure edges are not burning. Be sure to turn off CENTER of grill and BACK AND FRONT burners must be on LOW.
Step One: Spread a low sugar marinara / pasta sauce on the frozen Cauliflower Pizza Crust.
I usually stay away from pizza sauce as it’s higher in sugar. I try to find a jar that is under 5g of sugar.
Step 2: Chop up chicken and peppers and slice mozzarella
Step 3: Spread marinara on frozen cauliflower crust / Pasta Sauce and layer toppings
Step 4: Top with fresh parsley and basil
The secret to grilling pizza is to heat your grill to the highest temperature and once at 450+, shut off the middle burner and turn the back and front burners to low. By placing the prepared pizza directly on the grill grates (in the middle of the grill), your pizza essentially cooks evenly and the crust will not burn.
After 5 minutes, your healthy pizza is ready!
Grilled frozen cauliflower pizza crust idea
*Post contains affiliate links