This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure here.
Today I am sharing the best frozen cauliflower pizza crust cooked on the grill with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil. I can’t take full credit for this 5 Minute grilled frozen cauliflower pizza crust idea as my friend made it at our get together last weekend. It was so delicious, I had to make it for myself and share with you.
Quick Cauliflower Pizza Recipe
5 Minute Grilled Frozen Cauliflower Pizza CrustPrint Instructions
- 1 package of frozen cauliflower pizza crust usually two in a box
- 1 package fresh mozzarella usually comes in a ball that you will slice or you can buy the already sliced log version
- 1 jar of low sugar marinara or pasta sauce 5g or under
- fresh basil and parsley
- *optional: Chopped Chicken / Peppers I used Perdue Short Cuts (chicken and chopped up a red pepper
Instructions : Step by Step
- Heat up grill on high for about 10 minutes or until grill reaches the highest temp (usually 400 degrees)
- While the grill is heating, prepare the pizza
- Step One: Spread a low sugar marinara / pasta sauce on the frozen Cauliflower Pizza Crust. I usually stay away from pizza sauce as it's higher in sugar. I try to find a jar that is under 5g of sugar.
- Step Two: Slice FRESH Mozzarella (has no sugar and under 1 carb) and layer on top of the sauce
- Step Three: Add chopped fresh basil and parsley
- I added Chopped Chicken and Chopped Peppers
- Once grill is at the hottest temp., shut off middle burner and turn the back and front burners down to low
- Place prepared pizza's in the middle of the grill (directly on grates) and CLOSE LID. Pizza should be done in 5 minutes. Check often to make sure edges are not burning. Be sure to turn off CENTER of grill and BACK AND FRONT burners must be on LOW.
Step One: Spread a low sugar marinara / pasta sauce on the frozen Cauliflower Pizza Crust.
I usually stay away from pizza sauce as it’s higher in sugar. I try to find a jar that is under 5g of sugar.
Step 2: Chop up chicken and peppers and slice mozzarella
Step 3: Spread marinara on frozen cauliflower crust / Pasta Sauce and layer toppings
Step 4: Top with fresh parsley and basil
The secret to grilling pizza is to heat your grill to the highest temperature and once at 450+, shut off the middle burner and turn the back and front burners to low. By placing the prepared pizza directly on the grill grates (in the middle of the grill), your pizza essentially cooks evenly and the crust will not burn.
After 5 minutes, your healthy pizza is ready!
Is Cauliflower Pizza Crust Healthy?
Cauliflower pizza crust carbs are considerably lower than traditional flower crust which makes this a better alternative for diabetics as well. My dad is diabetic and this pizza does not spike his sugar.
We enjoyed our grilled pizza with cauliflower crust at the pool and I think I ate an entire pizza myself. It’s that good! The great thing is, I wasn’t bloated after and didn’t feel like I normally do after I eat pizza.
What started as a hobby, Jessica’s blog now has millions of people visit yearly and while many of the projects and posts look and sound perfect, life hasn’t always been easy. Read Jessica’s story and how overcoming death, divorce and dementia was one of her biggest life lessons to date.