This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure here.
Christmas break is almost over. What have we been doing? Eating. Eating. Eating. I made this the other night for dinner and it was yummy! Try this chicken and mushrooms recipe with red peppers. I actually added the red peppers last minute and I am glad I did. Chicken can get really boring especially if you eat it a couple times a week. I am always looking for new ways to spice up boring chicken. I found a recipe over at What’s Gabby Cooking and changed it up a bit. Mushrooms and peppers usually scare the kids but they loved this dish.
Delicious Chicken and Mushrooms
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cooking sherry optional
- 1/2 Chicken Stock
- fresh parsley for seasoning
- Rinse chicken with cold water and dry
- Tenderize chicken with meat tenderizer (if you don't have a tenderizer, slice chicken in halves to create thinner pieces of chicken)
- Mix flour, salt and pepper (1tsp each seasoning) in a bowl and dust chicken with flour mixture
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter on low and add garlic. Cook on low until garlic is slightly brown.
- Add chicken and sear on both sides low/medium heat (2 minutes each side)
- Remove chicken and place in 9x13 glass baking dish
- Add mushrooms and peppers to skillet and cook for about 5 minutes until brown
- Add wine and chicken stock to skillet and mix
- Pour mushrooms and peppers over the chicken
- Bake 375
- 15-25 minutes or until chicken is not pink inside
- Serve with brown rice
- Serves 3-4
Adapted from What’s Gaby Cooking .
My grandparents were upset there was only one piece left for their lunch the next day. Ha. They love when I cook and give them the left overs.
There are so many variations of chicken and mushrooms. Chicken is tricky to cook in my opinion. Not over cooking it and tenderizing it properly (prep work) are the two main components to a delicious mouth watering chicken dinner. Don’t forget to tenderize the chicken before cooking ;).