Chex party mix with melted chocolate is an all time favorite in our home especially for the kids. It’s perfect for playdates, parties, football games and especially handy around the holidays. You can make loads of this stuff and store it in the fridge in an air tight container for weeks. Nothing lasts that long in our house, in fact, we are lucky if a large cookie sheet of this lasts a couple hours. It’s also a great homemade gift during Christmas. I will share a quick chex mix gift idea next week. It’s OH SO YUMMY!
Delicious quick Chex Party Mix
- 3 cups corn chex cereal
- 2 cups plain cheerios
- 2 cups small pretzels
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 bag chocolate m&m's 12.6oz
- 2 bags white chocolate chips 11oz each
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- wax paper
- large cookie sheet
- Mix the first 5 ingredients in a very large bowl. Melt the chips and oil in the microwave for about 4 minutes or until melted. Stir and microwave again for about 30 seconds. If your chips seem thick, add a little more oil.
- Pour melted chocolate over dry ingredients and mix together. Once all the dry ingredients are covered with chocolate, spread on wax paper and a large cookie sheet and allow to cool.
- It took about an hour to cool and then I placed the entire sheet in the refrigerator to harden.
- Once hard, break off into pieces and start eating!
Adapted from SixSistersStuff .
This Chex party mix with melted chocolate is absolutely delicious and it only last a couple hours. My grandparents were in love! I don’t even think my mom and dad got any.
Try this melted chocolate Chex party mix when you have company or simply want to treat yourself. It takes under 10 minutes and it’s the best junk food on the planet! For more delicious ideas, check out our new our kitchen page.