You all know we like really easy recipes, right? This holiday season we have partnered again with Hood® Cream to share an easy 5 step Pumpkin Mousse Recipe that you seriously can make, with your eyes closed. Well not literally but you know what I mean. I put a new spin on Pumpkin Pie creating a Pumpkin Mousse Pie with crumbled graham crackers in a wine glass. Many of you may have read our post a couple weeks ago that we are selling our house and in hopes that we can move soon, we have started packing and needless to say, most of my holiday glassware is packed. Wine glasses always work in pinch for dessert dishes.
We have partnered with Hood Cream for the last three years sharing delicious holiday recipes, snacks and delicious desserts. Founded in 1846, today Hood is one of the largest branded dairy operators in the United States. Hood
is the number-one dairy brand in New England, which makes our partnership extra special. Living in New England my entire life, I have grown up with the Hood brand since I was kid. Four generations of using Hood products, starting with my grandparents and now our kids.
5 Step Pumpkin Mousse Recipe Pie
5 Step Pumpkin Mousse Recipe
- 1 can 15 ounce pumpkin puree not pumpkin mix
- 1 graham cracker pie crust or 1 package of graham crackers
- 2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups Hood Heavy Cream
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Ginger Snaps
- Mix pumpkin, cream, condensed milk, sugar, pumpkin spice over low/medium heat . Stir continuously to low boil and remove from heat and let cool and thicken.
- In a mixing bowl, whip together 1 cup cream and vanilla. Once pumpkin mixture is cool, stir in whipped heavy cream/vanilla mix
- Crush 1 package of graham crackers or remove pre-made graham pie crust from tin. Crush to small pieces and spoon crushed graham crackers into dessert dishes (1/4 full).
- Spoon chilled pumpkin mix into dessert dishes and top with a dollop of homemade whipped cream.
- Garnish with ginger snap
- Hood Whipped Cream (from Hood website)
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp confection sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Whip ingredients in mixing bowl until fluffy and thick.
This entire recipe took 10 minutes to make and about an hour to cool. So easy and so yummy! To save time, I purchased a graham cracker crust that was pre-made in the baking isle and just tipped the tin over and removed from the tin. The graham crackers were already crushed and ready to be spooned into the wine glasses.
Chefs across New England depend on Hood Heavy Cream in their recipes for its superior performance and quality. Use Hood Heavy Cream for the smoothest sauces, the creamiest soups and richest baked goods.
For more delicious Hood Cream-inspired recipes, check out HoodCream.com (click this link)
You can see our other Hood Cream blog posts by clicking:
our Green Bean Casserole (perfect for the holidays!)
and our easy Crab Appetizer recipe.
Hood Cream is rich and creamy with the best body and texture to take your recipes to another level of taste and enjoyment. Our 5 step pumpkin mousse was a hit for dessert the other night and now I have to remake it for my grandparents in the Nursing Home. They missed out on it and when I was telling my gram about it during our last visit, she was disgusted I didn’t save her any. -ha.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Hood. All opinions and words are 100% my own.