Our Christmas home tour 2012

Today I am sharing our Christmas home tour with you. So many fun parties going on in the blogosphere, I couldn’t resist joining. Some pictures you have seen and some are new. Hope you all are having a stress free week while venturing to the malls to get your last minute shopping done. Is that even possible? Probably not! Most of the Christmas festivities are celebrated here so this weekend I will be on the hunt for fish, fish and more fish! I need to get going on that little o’l project.

christmas home tour 2012

First stop, our family room.

christmas home tours 2012

christmas home tour

The DIY shelf/mantel I installed a couple weeks ago is coming in handy.

christmas home tour

I added cute little owls to our silver and gold Christmas tree this year. The homemade owls nest is one of my favorite crafts I did this winter.

silver + gold christmas tree

christmas home tour 2012

Target sent me the following complimentary decor items from their Threshold holiday line for our mudroom/sitting area. I chose to swap out the leather chair that is usually in this room for the bench during the holidays. It takes up less room!

Christmas bench

The gray cable knit sweater tree, mercury glass hurricanes and faux fur from Target pair perfectly with the red poinsettia. I love brown and red together.

Christmas bookcase red robin

Our dining room isn’t looking quiet this clean at the moment but here is what it looked like last week.

christmas table

I used setting the table as an opportunity to teach my son table setting etiquette. He wasn’t impressed.

christmas table

christmas table

christmas table

silver + gold christmas tree

Our Christmas vignette in our mudroom.

christmas home tour 2012

christmas home tour 2012

Our handmade reindeer.

diy christmas decorations

Here is the Christmas tree I decorated in October for Home Depot featuring the Martha Stewart Christmas collection. This tree is now in our dining room.

christmas home tour 2012

What tour wouldn’t be complete without visiting our bathroom? ha. This bathroom that we just renovated, will never look this pretty and clean again! My husband has fully moved himself in and the door is back to being closed 24/7.

diy bathroom renovation toilet

Who doesn’t need a little holiday cheer in their bathroom?

DIY bathroom renovation target bath items

My husband asked, when are  you getting rid of all this Christmas stuff in my bathroom? He wants to use my pretty little glass jars that have Christmas decor in for what, I don’t know. He asked if he could use the shelves for his magazines. Eww.

DIY budget bathroom renovation shelving

I hope you enjoyed our Christmas home tour and maybe even got a little inspiration for your own home. I would love to see your homes. Leave the link in the comments below or email me a picture. *New to our blog, see our other “Home Tours” here:

Home Tour

, , , , , , , , ,

Responses to Our Christmas home tour 2012

1. Kelly @ Eclectically Vintage December 20, 2012 at 7:58 pm #

Jessica – your home looks so festive and fun! Here’s to a very merry Christmas and your hubs leaving his magazines on his nightstand!!
    Kelly

• Jessica Bruno December 20, 2012 at 8:08 pm #

Haha Kelly, no such luck on that one. Merry Christmas to you as well! Hope you are enjoying the season :)

2. Kim @ Sand & Sisal December 21, 2012 at 10:01 am #

Your whole home is so inviting Jess! I love how you’ve kept the decorating simple and cheerful. Have a very Merry Christmas!

3. Nancy @ Sea Rose Cottage December 21, 2012 at 10:49 am #

Looks great! Can’t wait to see what DIY plans you have in store for 2013. Here is wishing you a Very Merry Christmas~all 4 generations!

• Jessica Bruno December 21, 2012 at 11:36 am #

Thanks Nancy! I just realized I didn’t email you with a paint color. I will soon once I figure out which color :) Merry Christmas to you as well!

4. Jenna December 21, 2012 at 10:53 am #

Jessica–I LOVE those glass shelves in the bathroom. What a great way to get the storage without the visual weight of wooden shelves or a cabinet. We will be stealing this for our teentsie guest bathroom haha My fiance does the same thing with his magazine “collection” in our bathroom..still hunting for a more attractive way to store them since they are stacked on the back of our toilet (GROSS!)

Have a merry Christmas! Your home is so beautiful!

• Jessica Bruno December 21, 2012 at 11:35 am #

Thanks Jenna! I’m glad you like it :) Your “gross” comment made me bust out laughing. I agree, men are disgusting with those “things”! Merry Christmas to you as well and thank you for stopping by!

5. Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage December 21, 2012 at 11:44 am #

Just gorgeous!

• Jessica Bruno December 30, 2012 at 8:50 am #

Thank you Angie for stopping by. I appreciate it :)

6. Danielle December 21, 2012 at 12:47 pm #

Jessica, it all looks so lovely! Wishing you a lovely Christmas with your family. Looking forward to meeting up in the New Year! x

• Jessica Bruno December 30, 2012 at 8:51 am #

Happy New Year to you as well Danielle. Looking forward to meeting up with you as well!

7. Sandy B. December 21, 2012 at 3:11 pm #

Where did you find the cute red pillows and that darling red checked blanket in your family room? I think they add so much to the room. Merry Christmas!! Sandy B

8. Bethany December 21, 2012 at 8:20 pm #

Merry Christmas, Jessica! I totally feel you on the husband bathroom. I can’t stand the thought of walking into my fiance’s bathroom. In my next living arrangement I’m going to give him the bathroom furthest from every where. Currently his bath is where guests want to go, which means I end up directing everyone through the master bedroom to my bathroom. Ha ha.

• Jessica Bruno December 30, 2012 at 8:50 am #

Ha Bethany. I’m glad someone else is skeeeeeeeeved by their husbands lack of bathroom cleanliness :) ha.

9. Laura @ House Of Joyful Noise December 21, 2012 at 11:21 pm #

Your home is looking Christmas-beautiful, Jessica! I really love the simplicity of your wreaths hanging. Target has GREAT home decor, huh? I’m really into cable knit anything, this year.

• Jessica Bruno December 30, 2012 at 8:48 am #

Thanks Laura, yes Target is one of my favorite stores. I am with you, I’m loving cable knit as well!

10. carolyn ~ homework December 22, 2012 at 11:44 am #

Beautiful! Your house looks so festive.

11. malia December 23, 2012 at 10:43 am #

There are so many beautiful details! Gorgeous!

12. Nonnie aka Scrappy Grams December 24, 2012 at 9:46 pm #

I had no idea any current families would have that many generations under one roof. I applaud your family! When I was a kid, 3 generations was the norm for many families including my parents’.
    I love the fresh lovely look of the family room.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

• Jessica Bruno December 30, 2012 at 8:47 am #

Thank you :) Yes, we are going on 4+ years now of living together. Amazing. ha! Merry late Christmas to you as well and so happy to meet you :)

13. Patti December 26, 2012 at 8:31 am #

Kim, your home is so lovely and inviting! Perfectly decked out for time with friends and family. Wishing you a happy and blessed New Year!
    Hugs,
    Patti

14. Kelly October 13, 2013 at 4:58 pm #

This is so pretty, Jessica! I love the red, green, and white agains the blue in your living room. Pinned as inspiration for this year!

15. Melissa November 6, 2013 at 6:30 am #

I would love to see your 2013 Christmas decorations. Thanks for the reminder on the no sew curtains. I have been looking for a way to make curtains and you have given me the perfect idea. Thank you.

16. Becky November 30, 2013 at 5:29 pm #

Hi! Just wondering where your couch came from. I am looking for a couch almost exactly like yours in the family room.

• Jessica Bruno December 3, 2013 at 11:03 am #

The couch is from Jordan’s Furniture in Natick, Ma

17. Rachel December 1, 2013 at 3:35 pm #

Hi,

Love everything you have done! Where did you get the wreath in your mudroom?

Thanks, Rachel

18. Andrea December 6, 2013 at 1:32 pm #

Jessica:
    I absolutely love your home!! It’s beautiful. You have done such a great job! I love all your Christmas decorations. So cute!!
    I have a quick question. Where did you get your couch? Do you regret getting a white couch? Is it washable and do you have to wash it often? We are looking at getting a new couch and I really want a white one but I’m a little nervous about it and keeping it clean. Thanks for sharing your amazing house with us. :)

19. Robin C. December 7, 2013 at 11:40 am #

You have a lovely home and I would love to know (if you still have the information) what color and brand of paint did you use in your living room? Love the blue/grey! Thanks!

• Jessica Bruno December 7, 2013 at 11:43 am #

Thank you! It’s Wythe Blue by Benjamin Moore :)

20. Lisa February 4, 2014 at 2:57 pm #

Enjoyed your home tour! Love the white couch, can you tell me where you bought it.

• Jessica Bruno February 5, 2014 at 7:49 am #

Thank you!It’s from Jordan’s Furniture Natick, Ma

21. Lauren November 12, 2014 at 12:15 pm #

Beautiful home! Did you finish your dining room chairs or were they already finished? Are they silvery? or just black in a well-lit room?

• Jessica Bruno November 13, 2014 at 6:51 am #

The chairs are from the Seraph in Sturbridge, Ma. They are distressed black so the white showing may seem silvery in the picture. Thanks for the kind comment :)