Dining room update

Hello friends!

My husband and I spent the weekend in Portsmouth, NH visiting and attending a fundraiser for a dear friend who was diagnosed last year with colon cancer. While the circumstances that brought us all together were not the best, we all ended up having a blast. Our friend, at the moment, is doing ok and was grateful for the support. I haven’t been to Portsmouth in years and had forgotten how fun that little city is!

On another note, the dining room “mini-makeover” is coming along but not fast enough! I think I made 3 trips to my dad’s work {our work} to get boards ripped down. Thankfully, it’s only 4 miles down the street. The table saw at our house is a beast and I was feeling a little wimpy today so I brought them to a very nice man named, “mouse” who works with my dad. I am thinking about setting up a little workshop there :). Not really.

I ended up removing the backing and the shelves with a sawzall because the wood was so rotted. It’s back together now and I am kind of “digg-in” it’s new look :)

This lovely piece should be here by the end of the week.

Via Pinterest

I haven’t decided yet but I will either use the fabric to reupholster two wing back chairs or for drapes. I am thinking the chairs will look fabulous covered in this gorgeous fabric though. What do you think, chairs or drapes?

Responses to Dining room update

1. Korinne May 7, 2012 at 7:34 pm #

I love the fabric and am thinking you should use it on the wing back chairs.

2. Tonya@mycozylittlefarmhouse May 7, 2012 at 8:25 pm #

Drapes!

3. Heather May 7, 2012 at 8:30 pm #

Definitely do the chairs. :)

4. Kim @ Sand & Sisal May 7, 2012 at 8:36 pm #

I say chairs, but either will be pretty!

5. deb May 8, 2012 at 6:50 am #

Chairs!! And PLEASE show us how you do it!

6. Bella (@weheartDIY) May 8, 2012 at 12:41 pm #

That pattern is stunning & LOVE the colors! I say chairs…all.the.way!

7. Maury @ Life on Mars May 8, 2012 at 1:08 pm #

Love that fabric!!! So pretty and vibrant. I think it would look awesome on chairs.

8. Roeshel May 8, 2012 at 9:25 pm #

Ugh! I just visited another blog with a teaser. Curiosity kills me! Just kidding – I do love the suspense. I love the fabric! Can’t wait for the reveal! ;)

9. Fairfield House May 9, 2012 at 5:57 pm #

Jessica,

I say it won’t work for drapes or the chairs so just send that beautiful fabric to the Fairfield House! {Yes, I am teasing you.} I think it will look fabulous on either and I can’t wait to see your results!

Deborah

10. Bobbie May 10, 2012 at 10:18 am #

Love the fabric. I had a similar pattern made into drapes and honestly when made up with pleats and on the wall it was overwhelming and way to busy! I hated them for ever and payed lots of bucks for something that made me sick. Overall I trust my decorating instincts but this was bad. Chairs would be wonderful in this fabric. Good luck!

11. Cara May 13, 2012 at 5:41 pm #

My vote is for chairs all the way :)

12. Lorianne May 21, 2012 at 9:30 am #

Jessica-Please, please, please post the video on your wing back chair! It’s weird seeing oneself on video (and hearing-yuck) but it’s the information that we thrive on! I would love to see how you double fold edges etc. I have not ever upholstered anything and want to give it a try. I love the fabric and you did a great job! Thanks-Lorianne!

• Jessica May 21, 2012 at 11:27 am #

Hi Lorianne! If I can figure out how to edit and get it on youtube I will post and cringe :) hehe. Thanks for stopping by!

• Lorianne May 21, 2012 at 1:52 pm #

That would be great, thank you! ;)