DIY decorating in our foyer {summer splash}

This DIY decorating project in our foyer started a couple months ago and I got side tracked with a few other projects. You know how that goes. Our foyer walls were originally a dark brown stain, then an off white color and recently, I painted the shingles a gray color (rhinestone) that I had left over from our bathroom makeover project. I decided to move out the DIY couch and everything else along with it and proceed with a simple clean look for summer.

DIY summer decorating in our foyer

Here is a picture before:

diy decorating our foyer

We plan on adding tile or hardwood eventually to the floor but until that happens, I try to disguise the floor as best as possible. I decided to add this complimentary striped woven Dash and Albert rug from Wayfair to add a summer splash of bold bright colors.

DIY summer decorating in our foyer

I also decided to the paint the window trim a bright white color to brighten up the space.

diy summer decorating in our foyer

This entrance is directly off the main driveway and garage so it’s the first space you see when you arrive at our home. I moved the bench from our covered porch as well as the wicker trunk which is perfect for shoe storage. I made the bench cushion and pillow covers a couple months ago as well as the no sew white burlap curtains.

diy summer decorating in our foyer

I love all the colors in this rug and it’s the perfect addition that this space needed. I think it coordinates nicely with the colors in the pillows as well as the texture in the trunk and weaved basket. If you are loving this style rug, be sure to checkout the other patterns and colors at Wayfair. Many of them are on sale! Thank you Wayfair for the lovely rug, it’s a beauty!

PS. if you are loving the burlap bag with our blog name on it, Miss Kellie at Nest Of Posies makes them! She sent me one last summer :).

, , , , , ,