Decorating inspiration with West Elm + Anthropologie

Decorating inspiration with West Elm and Anthropologie. Sounds fun right? It was! A couple months ago I shared that I was decorating the model homes at our workplace. They are newer homes that are on display for clients to view and walk through.

decorating inspiration with WEst elm and anthropologie

The room below is the front living room of the two story colonial.

decorating with west elm-2.jpg

The drapery is from West Elm and is called Scribble in feather gray.  The furniture was purchased from Rotmans Furniture in Massachusetts. The tufted sofa and rustic reclaimed lumber coffee table coordinate beautifully together. I chose to mix and match a variety of furniture pieces from different collections to achieve a french modern country look.

decorating with west elm-4.jpg

The tan sisal rug is from Pottery Barn.

decorating with west elm-5.jpg

The drapery below in the dining room is from West Elm and is called Belgian Linen. The mirrors are from Home Goods, the chandelier is from Home Depot and the blue gray trellis rug is from West Elm.

decorating with west elm-7.jpg

Candle holders wrapped in twisted sisal roping is a quick  solution to add texture to a table. The mirrored tray is beautiful and both are from Rotmans. Be sure to see our tutorial on how we made our own twisted sisal wrapped candle holder.

decorating with west elm-8.jpg

The dining room set is from Rotman’s Furniture as are many of the accessories.

decorating with west elm-9.jpg

The photographs below are of the living room in the cape style home. The couch and chairs are from Rotman’s Furniture.

decorating with west elm-10.jpg

The drapery is from Anthropologie and is called Mantadia, the box frame coffee table is from West Elm, the natural colored shag rug is from Rotman’s  and the canvas print above the couch is from Pier One Imports.

decorating with west elm-11.jpg

The embroidered curtain panels from Anthropologie are gorgeous.

decorating with west elm-12.jpg

I do not have a decorating degree and I kind of just wing it and go with what I like. I love to mix and match styles and finding items that are affordable are certainly high on my list of priorities. It was fun this time though spending someone else’s money. West Elm offers a trendy mix of stylish home decor items at an affordable price. Decorating inspiration, for me, comes from a variety of sources and West Elm and Anthropologie are two of my favorites. If you would like to visit these homes, you can find them here.

, , , , , , , , , , ,

Responses to Decorating inspiration with West Elm + Anthropologie

1. Luci@BungalowAtHome April 25, 2013 at 7:34 am #

I think you did a really nice job on the model. You have a good eye and of course West Elm has such style so you couldn’t go wrong!

2. Nancy April 25, 2013 at 8:42 am #

I love the cape house room. It’s gorgeous. Who needs a decorating degree?!! :) You made both rooms look beautiful.

3. Kim @ Sand & Sisal April 25, 2013 at 8:57 am #

Stunning photos Jess! I could pin every single pic! You did an amazing job decorating the rooms!

4. ValenzMom a/k/a Helen April 25, 2013 at 10:43 am #

Both model homes are gorgeous! I think the colonial is my favorite – mostly because of that dining room table. But I have to say that those emboidered curtains are to die for! I love the mix of colors and they add just the right touch of color to the room. Love it all!

5. Sherry April 25, 2013 at 5:21 pm #

Those embroidered curtains are soooo gorgeous!! I just wish that I could convince my hubby to let me use them (he hates stuff like that).

6. Brenda April 26, 2013 at 1:17 am #

You did a really nice job on both houses! I love the candle holders wrapped in rope. How did you attach it to the glass? Hot glue?

7. Heather @At The Picket Fence April 26, 2013 at 9:12 am #

Seriously!?! So much gorgeousness! I love everything you did! Can I just come live here? lol Great job Jessica!

Heather

8. kristin April 26, 2013 at 1:44 pm #

OH My! So pretty! You did such a fantastic job decorating :)
    XO
    Kristin

9. Gee April 26, 2013 at 5:59 pm #

Luv the dining room. How calm and relaxed it looks. The living room is my second fave. Well done you.
    Cheers, Gee

10. Shannon @Fox Hollow Cottage April 28, 2013 at 6:41 pm #

Such pretty rooms! Love how much was added to them with the draperies! I need to add that element to my home. I think after the woods floors are in, I’ll need some softness :)

11. Anne@DesignDreams May 1, 2013 at 11:16 am #

so pretty Jessica!!

12. Sally May 1, 2013 at 2:00 pm #

Where did the white sofa come from? I’m looking for one

13. Sophia May 2, 2013 at 6:22 pm #

You did a great job. What is the name of the dining room table and chairs?

• Jessica Bruno May 9, 2013 at 12:44 pm #

Hi, it’s by “great rooms” and was purchased at Rotman’s Furniture.

14. Chante May 9, 2013 at 12:31 pm #

I love how you styled the room — especially with the chandelier! I’ll be linking to this post on our Lighting & Fans pinboard. Check it out later this month (May 21) at pinterest.com/homedepot.

- Chante

• Jessica Bruno May 9, 2013 at 12:41 pm #

Great thanks :) Yes the chandelier is a beauty for sure! So many great compliments on it :)

15. Danielle August 6, 2013 at 11:49 pm #

I love the decor! Especially the chandelier- what brand is it?

16. Mary April 19, 2014 at 10:15 pm #

Especially love the first home – the two story colonial. Did you make the rustic reclaimed lumber coffee table or purchase it? Would like one like it.

17. Deb Hamel September 11, 2014 at 6:57 am #

Where can I find the dining room rug? Beautiful!