Our Christmas vignette

Our Christmas vignette is done. This is actually a decorating project that has been finished for about a week but I just haven’t had a chance to post it. It was the strangest feeling having the pictures done and not posting. Usually, I am snapping pictures and writing the post in the same day while publishing shortly thereafter. I don’t know how some bloggers have projects in the pipeline waiting to be published! Anyway, we just got back a couple days ago from taking a trip to North Conway, Nh for  a couple nights where we attended the polar express event. If you haven’t had a chance to take a ride to the North pole, you must! The experience was truly magical. I will do a post soon and share pictures. Ok, back to the Christmas vignette.

christmas vignette

I wrapped burlap around the base of these faux trees that I have had for about 10 years. I cannot believe they are still in such good condition.

christmas vignette

During the fall, I added the shelf above the chest of drawers and decided to swap out the equestrian artwork for this empty silver frame with added decorative ornaments.

christmas vignette

The cute little deer was an impulse purchase at TJmaxx for $6.

christmas vignette

The ceramic birds were part of my spring mantel  that I found at Michaels earlier this year.

christmas vignette

A fairly simple Christmas vignette using mostly what I had around the house with some added fresh holiday greenery. On the news front, we are pretty excited that our Woman’s Day feature is coming out next week which will feature our new modern cottage style kitchen as well as our recent dining room makeover. I’m so happy I will finally be able to share the diy backsplash I did over the summer. I will be back this week sharing the rest of our Christmas home decorations and maybe a post from my gramps on how to build a sleigh.

Linking to :

Southern Hospitality vignette party

, , , , , ,

Responses to Our Christmas vignette

1. Danielle December 10, 2012 at 7:21 am #

Love your vignette – would love you to link it up tomorrow at my Home for the Holidays mantel party! Also, LOVE your dresser. Very pretty color.

2. Jennifer December 10, 2012 at 8:16 am #

Jessica! I’m finally back to browsing blogs after a crazy work schedule…I absolutely adore your vignette!! So gorgeous! Can’t wait to see your spread in the magazine; so exciting!!!
    We want to go to the Polar Express in North Conway next year; I’ve heard amazing things about it and can’t wait to get your take on it! I think the boys would be thrilled; I’d love to make a little vacation out of it and stay at a B&B, too. I looked into it this year but it was too late; all the tickets were snatched up. We’ll start the hunt earlier in 2013!
    Have a beautiful week! :)

3. Shannon Fox December 11, 2012 at 11:43 am #

It looks so fresh and pretty. Love the natural feel along with the soft white and the Christmas red! The framed ornaments are perfect too.

Happy Christmas to you!!

• Jessica Bruno December 13, 2012 at 10:19 pm #

Thank you Shannon and happy Christmas to you as well! I am finally getting a chance to respond to comments and look at my reader! Oh my word, I feel like time is getting away from me. I haven’t had 2 seconds to read and catch up on blogs. I’ll be by to visit soon :) Thank you for visiting me and leaving a comment :)

4. Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality December 11, 2012 at 2:48 pm #

Jessica, that is so cute! Love what you put together and how festive it is for Christmas. Thanks for joining the party & for always being a bright spot! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

• Jessica Bruno December 13, 2012 at 10:17 pm #