Our decorated Christmas tree {Home Depot Style Challenge}

A couple weeks ago I mentioned that I was decorating our Christmas tree for the Home Depot style challenge and I am happy to say that the Christmas tree pictures have been taken and are being featured today over at Home Depot’s Apron blog.

home depot style challenge

I did something a little different this year. I decided to wrap the tree with red ribbon instead of draping it from the top to the bottom of the tree. I’m not a big fan of tinsel so ribbon or some sort of homemade garland is usually my choice as a filler. The Martha Stewart Winterberry Collection and the pre-lite tree that Home Depot sent me was perfect and I am pleased with how it turned out.

Martha Stewart winterberry christmas ornament tree

The red ribbon has a slim lined nordic design on the edges and I think it coordinates perfectly with the red, gold and silver themed Martha Stewart ornaments.

I tried to get our other dog (the boxer) in the picture but she is not impressed with the camera. Our big guy Garth though, loves the camera!

how to decorate a christmas tree

One of my other favorite ornaments that Home Depot sent me was Maestro Mouse who sings 12 different Christmas carols.

I love how the tree glows at night along with Maestro Mouse singing Christmas carols.  Be sure to jump over to the Home Depot’s Apron blog to read my full reveal post where I will be sharing our Christmas tree decorating ideas, meet Maestro Mouse and see my son and Garth decorating our Christmas tree! Thanks so much for stopping by and I’ll see you over at the Apron blog!

Tis the season!

, , , , , , ,

Responses to Our decorated Christmas tree {Home Depot Style Challenge}

1. Kim @ Sand & Sisal November 9, 2012 at 8:46 am #

It looks beautiful Jess! I love the red reindeer on the ledge too! Pinned it!

2. Maury @ Life on Mars November 9, 2012 at 10:04 am #

I like the touch of ribbon and especially the little reindeers on the ledge behind the tree! They are too cute.

• Jessica Bruno November 9, 2012 at 2:12 pm #

Thanks Maury! I like them to :) How are you feeling? Hopefully you are doing well!

3. Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication November 9, 2012 at 1:55 pm #

This makes me so anxious to decorate our tree! I absolutely cannot wait for Christmas!!

• Jessica Bruno November 9, 2012 at 2:12 pm #

I know! I can’t seem to get my butt in gear and do something for Thanksgiving now :)

4. Heather November 12, 2012 at 7:59 pm #

The tree is gorgeous, beautiful job decorating it Jessica! I love the classic Red color scheme for Christmas! Now you have me inspired to check out Home Depot for these ornaments and the Martha Steward Winterberry decorations! Shared and pinned!

• Jessica Bruno November 12, 2012 at 9:16 pm #

Thank you Heather! HD has so much Martha Christmas decor. 4 different themes and color schemes (not just what I did). They are all beautiful and fairly reasonably priced I thought.

5. Anne November 12, 2012 at 9:05 pm #

Gorgeous tree and I love your dog!!!

6. Holly Lefevre November 13, 2012 at 12:14 pm #

Love the ribbon around the tree. I am always looking for new ways with garlands (or substitutes!)

7. malia November 17, 2012 at 9:20 am #

Wish I could hop in the pix! Lovely!

8. katie November 18, 2012 at 9:48 am #

love your tree and all the new Martha Stewart decorations!!!