Better Homes & Garden pinning pro + modular home update

A reader emailed me a couple weeks ago asking if I ever stop painting or doing projects. I laughed and said, “not really but sometimes”. Well Cindy, (the reader) you will be happy to know that I haven’t painted or built anything in 2 weeks. Our last DIY project was our mudroom and finishing my husbands bathroom is next on the list.

Last week I spent most of my time decorating one of the model homes that is for sale at our workplace. If you follow me on facebook, I posted this picture of these really cool curtains from Anthropologie that I ordered (on my uncle Louie’s dime) for the front room of the newly constructed Cape house.

anthropologie curtains peacocks

Can I just tell you, that spending someone else’s money is really fun! Now I know why people love being an interior designer. The furniture arrived over the weekend and looks fabulous. I am headed to purchase light fixtures as well as Home Goods today for some fun accessories. The room is coming together nicely.

On another note, a pretty exciting invite came across my pinterest account last week along with an email that made me smile. A huge smile to be exact!  They looked a little something like this,

BHG pinterest community

and this,

BHG pinterest blogger faves board

along with an email that listed the guidelines, some fun monthly “behind the scenes” stuff with the editors and in closing said, “if you are interested, please let me know and I’ll send you this”,

Pinterest pinning pro badge

Gee, let me think about that for a minute. YES!

The Better Homes and Garden magazine has been a long time staple in our home since I was a kid. I grew up reading and seeing the magazine everywhere. Needless to say, I’m honored and flattered that they invited me to join their pinning community. The two boards that I have been added to are,

bhg blogger faves pinterest board

BHG blogger faves

bhg blogger home projects we love pinterest board

BHG Blogger Home Projects We Love

Now that was a pretty good day if I do say so myself :).

, , ,

Responses to Better Homes & Garden pinning pro + modular home update

1. Kim @ Sand & Sisal November 5, 2012 at 7:35 am #

Love those curtains! I know you are having a blast spending uncle’s dime! Congrats on the BHG gig! They recognized a woman with great taste when they chose you!

2. Naomi November 5, 2012 at 8:11 am #

That is just so awesome and exciting! What a great way to start the day :-)

3. Tonya @ Love of Family & Home November 5, 2012 at 9:54 am #

Awesome!! Congratulations Jessica! That is so exciting!! :)

• Jessica Bruno November 8, 2012 at 7:28 am #

Thanks Tonya! I pinned your office closet to one of the boards :)

4. Danielle November 5, 2012 at 11:03 am #

Wow! So many fun things going on. LOVE the curtains and love your pins!

• Jessica Bruno November 8, 2012 at 7:27 am #

Thanks Danielle! Did you get lots of snow? It’s so cold and windy :(

5. Anne November 5, 2012 at 2:19 pm #

SO awesome Jessica! and yes, isn’t it fun to spend someone else’s money!!

You go girl!

6. Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication November 5, 2012 at 3:30 pm #

Congratulations! That is so exciting!! :)

7. Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality November 6, 2012 at 10:33 pm #

Hey, Jessica! Thanks for stopping by & you are so right, this time last year I had no idea I’d be in a home of my own this Christmas. What a year it’s been! Thanks for being a friend and all the support. You are a busy girl as well, looks like you are having lots of fun.

Congrats on the BHG pinning! Hope you’ll pin some of my stuff along the way. :)

8. melissa @ the inspired room November 13, 2012 at 6:18 pm #

How did I miss that you became a BHG pinner? HOORAY!!!