Autumn ~ Foyer Transformation

Our foyer has needed a little help but has not really been high on the priority list until I started seeing all the gorgeous fall decorations & room designs being posted all over ‘blogland’. So I did a quick little update & I’m happy to say, “I think it looks better”! The entrance to the side foyer originally was just cement that was worn & pretty ugly  plain ….this is the outside of the foyer before
DSCN2216
I added a quick coat of BM exterior “gray” paint to the cement
DSCN2220With a little bit of paint & about an hour of time ~ you can have a new look!
Outside foyer completed
Now, as you go right inside that door ….you would have seen this a week ago
foyer before 2
I added my dining room curtains (now the dining room windows are empty), a rug from Marshals on clearance for $35, moved the bench, added my great grandmother’s chair, accessories & mums!
Foyer completed
Inside foyer completed
Foyer completed fun pic
I had some fun with this last picture….I found the “sharpen” button on my photo editor … I’m sure it is not “politically correct” in the photography world but I think it’s fun! What do you think? You like? Leave me a comment below, I would love your feedback!
PS. completed barn doors for the bookcase are coming soon…..a small problem hanging them. Lets just say, my dad and I dropped them….Sad smile

I am linking up to these wonderful parties:
~InspiredRoom fall nesting party
~HomeStories A2Z ” Tuesday’s tips & tutes”

Weekend Bloggy ReadingJoin  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap  up           party!

Responses to Autumn ~ Foyer Transformation

1. Julie September 16, 2011 at 1:35 am #

Oooh! Gorgeous wreath. & I like the photo effect! Stopping by from the Inspired Room!

2. MyChampagneTaste September 16, 2011 at 1:40 am #

it turnd out wonderdul,and 35$ for this rug,girl you killed me :) I've been searching for a rug since ever for my bedroom and I bought an ugly one from Lowes for 28$ :D

3. nest of posies September 16, 2011 at 1:43 am #

EVERYTHING looks fantastic. great job.

i can't believe you got that rug for $35. you go girl.

xo
    kellie

4. Redesign by Grace September 16, 2011 at 2:37 am #

I love the "Autumn Blessings" sign. Such a beautiful, cozy porch!

5. BabiesandBargains September 16, 2011 at 2:49 am #

I love what you have done to these areas…Plus deals and re-using items right up my alley!!

6. Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality September 16, 2011 at 12:07 pm #

Hi,Jessica, nice to officially meet you! I've seen you over on Twitter & see you are a brand new blogger. Congrats and have fun with it. It has changed my life.

You are officially ready for Fall, so cute!

7. Tonia @ TheGunnySack.com September 17, 2011 at 12:50 am #

What a great transformation!! My porch is pretty much bare and needs some autumn love! I would love for you to stop by my site on Monday and add this to my What's In The Gunny Sack Link Party! BTW I think the last picture looks cute with that sharpen button!

8. Creative Raisins September 17, 2011 at 2:26 am #

Beautiful Transformation

9. rebecca @ older and wisor September 18, 2011 at 12:07 am #

I would die to have a foyer that looks like that – so inviting!!

10. Mandy September 18, 2011 at 3:41 am #

Wow! Beautiful! What a difference.
    I followed you over from Serenity Now.

11. Amy Kinser September 18, 2011 at 3:48 am #

I think you have a great before and after there for sure. Looks great.

So nice to visit with you. Happy fall and God bless.

12. Jessica @ Nuchey's Mommy September 18, 2011 at 11:05 am #

@Mandy, thank you for visiting! I tried to email you back but your profile on google doesn't have email enabled! Hope you get this…

13. Becca September 18, 2011 at 12:29 pm #

Wow … what a beautiful and inviting Fall entry! You did a wonderful job of creating a truly charming space! *Becca* (your newest follower by way of The Inspired Room)

14. Coley September 18, 2011 at 3:29 pm #

Love the transformation! It's so warm and cozy :)

15. Evie September 18, 2011 at 4:07 pm #

What a great job you did!! It looks so cozy and inviting…love it! : )

evie @ brown paper packages

16. Pam September 18, 2011 at 6:30 pm #

I adore your great grandmother's chair. The whole area looks very cute now.

17. CAS September 19, 2011 at 2:53 pm #

It looks fab! Your outside & inside entry are both so warm and inviting now. I'm your newest follower.

18. Maury September 19, 2011 at 3:59 pm #

This looks great! Awesome job! I love the rug… why don't I ever find those deals?

19. rachel@Acts of Life September 23, 2011 at 12:10 am #

Your space looks so inviting…I like the sharpen effect you used..the colors look so vibrant! You did a great job re-doing this space…and your outside entrance area looks so cute. I love the ladder you have with the wreath on it…very festive :)

Rachel~ Your newest follower :)

20. Brandi September 24, 2011 at 5:06 am #

absolutely gorgeous! What a beautiful transformation. I love that you included your great grandmother's chair. i have a few sentimental pieces in my home too.

21. Amy September 26, 2011 at 1:29 pm #

It looks soooooo good, Jessica!! Love it!

22. Perfecting Pru September 28, 2011 at 6:00 pm #

What a great redesign for autumn. It all looks so pretty. I love the last photo, nothing wrong with mucking around with the filters on the photos. (I came over from Darlene's blog)

23. Sarah October 20, 2011 at 4:27 pm #

What a great transformation. That looks so good!